Discuss Boiler incomplete job but asking for another payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always I suppose just tell him to go ahead with finishing the job and then not bother paying him the extra. Just say on the day that he is doing the work for him to leave the bill

Yep, as I said give him notice to complete HIS work

Any extra is chargeable

If he doesn't return then you can decide what you want to do

i wouldnt be taking him to small claims over the leaks but i would be over not completing the original job and levying any extra fee to complete the work - he has created a second job

Can you prove the leaks are down to him?

It seems like you are in a battle with him

Maybe that's why he's not returning to you with ease? Who knows, only you & him know the full story.

any more pics eg boiler flue tec please trac

Reading the 2 separate posts I can see your frustration with him and the lack of his communications within a reasonable time frame however the matter of creating a second job and charging really depends on that quote you have. I`m thinking the job took longer than he thought it would so perhaps there is something to negotiate.

I can ssure you RPM that he was the one who assured me he would do it in 1 day - he said he would do it in 1 as opposed to spreading over to 2...and that's fine but then to leave it uncomplete . he didnt even have enough time to show me how to run the dial correctly. I sensed he needed to get away which is fine but part of being a professional installer is to explain how to use the controls! And yes maybe it did prove to be more than he thought but why should he levy a charge to finish the job? As a professional who hads undobtedly undertaken many jobs, he shoud know his capabilities.. i will be honest, I think that he knows I have no idea about boilers and pipes (which I dont) and he realised he could possible wrnagle the situtaion and maybe greed got the better, who knows. Fat is this: you agree to do a job with pipes and all, you install the boiler and thats the job. This has not been carried out as we still have pipe work that is not correct. he left it this way. Yes I am frustrated and i should not have paid him but as a professional installer really, it's not good practice.

im not in a battle - i have emailed him many times and he did not reply - i just want the job completed but if it takes longer and going down other routes until it is agreeable then so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler incomplete job but asking for another payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock