Discuss boiler help. potterton performa 24 eco HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi hope you are well and thanks in advance for your help.

ive got a potterton performa 24 eco HE. (a combi)

if it is left unused for some period of hours, and then you demand hot water, it fails to light the flame and fails with a flame out error. if you reset it, it works.

ive had a local engineer look at it, it had some other issues which have been fixed, and so far i have spent a lot of money, but this problem persists and the engineer says that he doesnt know what it is. so i really need some help please!

any ideas?

Kevin , these can be a nightmare mate , consider paying Potterton / Baxi a one off "fixed price repair " ( sorry dont know how much ) one of their guys will come put however many parts it needs and also guarantee it for a year .

I could suggest parts but I have to respect forum rules , you may start fitting them !!

oh, i wont start fitting them myself!! lots have already been changed. about £700 has gone into it already, although it did have other issues, had to change the heat exchanger and some of the sensors.

appreciate the advice about potterton, i will call them thanks

TBH that sort of money I would of gone for a new boiler or fixed price repair

I know this doesn't help you

oh, i wont start fitting them myself!! lots have already been changed. about £700 has gone into it already, although it did have other issues, had to change the heat exchanger and some of the sensors.

appreciate the advice about potterton, i will call them thanks

Blimey thats a lot of money spent , I feel for you mate ,

We cannot give advice on gas appliance repairs i am afraid you will need to contact a GSRI who can repair it , or baxi potterton who can do a one off repair for you for a set fee, i would say do that as you have already paid out a bit of money to solve the faults and still not resolved the problem , they often change several parts and guarantee the repair for a year cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-08-03-18-58-57.png

We cannot give advice on gas appliance repairs i am afraid you will need to contact a GSRI who can repair it , or baxi potterton who can do a one off repair for you for a set fee, i would say do that as you have already paid out a bit of money to solve the faults and still not resolved the problem , they often change several parts and guarantee the repair for a year cheers kop

View attachment 30478

It's round £300 isn't it ?

I think so shaun but beats parts swapping which alot of so called engineers do the poor guy has spent enough lets get it sorted properly winter is around the corner , kop

ok, no problem, i understand you dont want people blowing themselves up, thanks for the help.

300 quid ....blimey that would have done me fine.

ok, no problem, i understand you dont want people blowing themselves up, thanks for the help.

300 quid ..blimey that would have done me fine.

TBH the engineer should have told you about this as soon as he said the heat exchanger needing changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler help. potterton performa 24 eco HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock