Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler frost protection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have an oil fired boiler situated in the garage which is uninsulated. It has a Honeywell frost stat set to 4deg and pipe stat set to 20deg.
In the cold weather we’re having it’s coming on for about 1 minute every so often as expected to do what it’s supposed to. There’s something I just can’t get my head around though. I’m sat here and the heating has been running, it’s just cut off due to the thermostat in the hall making desired temperature, and then 30 seconds later the frost protection is kicking in (I know it’s the frost protection as it’s s-plan and you can hear the prv whilstling).
I can’t get my head around why it is kicking in, the pipe is obviously hot as the heating has just been running and I’m assuming the pipe stat must be working as it only runs for a minute or so? Has anyone got any ideas?

thanks,
Matt

Reply to Boiler frost protection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode for when away for a period of time such as a holiday, both of which disables the central heating system and both require it to be set manually. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler is running through the night and the radiator on the 2nd zone that room is roasting hot. Any suggestions? The pipe stat is on 40 degrees can this...
Replies
Views
My boiler suddenly seems to come on at random times for a few minutes throughout the day and night. It is a Potterton Suprima in garage. I suspect the Honeywell Frost Stat has become faulty, it doesn't currently seem cold enough for the frost stat to kick in. I'm guessing the pipe stat is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock