Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler frost protection in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have an oil fired boiler situated in the garage which is uninsulated. It has a Honeywell frost stat set to 4deg and pipe stat set to 20deg.
In the cold weather we’re having it’s coming on for about 1 minute every so often as expected to do what it’s supposed to. There’s something I just can’t get my head around though. I’m sat here and the heating has been running, it’s just cut off due to the thermostat in the hall making desired temperature, and then 30 seconds later the frost protection is kicking in (I know it’s the frost protection as it’s s-plan and you can hear the prv whilstling).
I can’t get my head around why it is kicking in, the pipe is obviously hot as the heating has just been running and I’m assuming the pipe stat must be working as it only runs for a minute or so? Has anyone got any ideas?

thanks,
Matt

Reply to Boiler frost protection in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock