Discuss Boiler flue termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on a lot of things new or replacement

Any spec ??
Another customer from central London, wants in a new build block of flat new central heating installation and he's got currently only a commercial boiler downstairs in the basement. The main riser goes up right to the top but they never installed heating in his top floor flat. So now he wants to have heating installed throughout the flat. My mate mentioned to have a separate boiler installed HIU unit to not have water hammer sludge. Loss of temperature , interruption some sort of ... and he mentioned a HIU unit would be solving all this problem. Firstly the architect thought just to connect into the riser and run pipework into the flat.

So now, I do not know what's the best way. I believe that my mate isn't that wrong which is to install a HIU unit. The customer also wants some underfloor heating over there kitchen and living room.

I do not know what's a rough ballpark figure for the HIU units therefore I thought you could give me a hint some sort of brackets

Heads up Fella's,

Ron posted the question in Plumbers Arms!!

He asked advice from people allowed in this section.
He doesn't need the third degree questioning that he has got.

The DIY'ers get more help in the open forum regarding questions like this, than you are giving Ron in the Plumbers Arms.
He's in here for a reason and there is no reason that he should feel ( what seems intimidating) to ask questions about something he need advice on.

Someone should come out and answer his question without questioning him why he is answering the question.

He wants advice from people in the Arms, we should give it to him.

Between 2-6k ish and come of the com boilers and use the hiu for everything don't install another boiler

Heads up Fella's,

Ron posted the question in Plumbers Arms!!

He asked advice from people allowed in this section.
He doesn't need the third degree questioning that he has got.

The DIY'ers get more help in the open forum regarding questions like this, than you are giving Ron in the Plumbers Arms.
He's in here for a reason and there is no reason that he should feel ( what seems intimidating) to ask questions about something he need advice on.

Someone should come out and answer his question without questioning him why he is answering the question.

He wants advice from people in the Arms, we should give it to him.

That's all I tried to express but the language barrier sometimes doesn't let me express myself :) but I appreciate that people like you @oz-plumber exist and read between the lines.

I cannot install the boiler neither give her accurate advise and therefore I asked you gas safe engineers. I am running a business and have to so,ve issues like this too, even though I am not registered. It doesn't look good to say I am sorry but you need to look for someone else's especially not when you got recommended.

However, I am very thankful that people take it serious and helping me out whenever I asked for help. That's the reason why I love this forum that much. Thumbs up to you all

That's all I tried to express but the language barrier sometimes doesn't let me express myself :) but I appreciate that people like you @oz-plumber exist and read between the lines.

I cannot install the boiler neither give her accurate advise and therefore I asked you gas safe engineers. I am running a business and have to so,ve issues like this too, even though I am not registered. It doesn't look good to say I am sorry but you need to look for someone else's especially not when you got recommended.

However, I am very thankful that people take it serious and helping me out whenever I asked for help. That's the reason why I love this forum that much. Thumbs up to you all

Can't you say to the customer

I'm not gas safe reg but my friend is, here's his number contact him for the works, But I can do the plumbing and soil works?

Yes what's the other flats got hiu?
I haven't been to other flats.
I just got the job yesterday and will meet them tomorrow to see the whole job. I just wanted to make sure that the idea of a HIU unit is good.

The thing is they want me to install:

Central heating
Hot & cold water for 2 bathrooms and kitchen
2 rooms underfloor heating
Waste pipe for the flat
And second fix of 2 baths, 1 double basin, shower tray, 2 back to wall toilets, and all other accessories.
HIU unit

So just to be on the safe side I wanted to know if the HIU unit is a good idea.

Does the ballpark figure 12-16k seem fair ?

Can't you say to the customer

I'm not gas safe reg but my friend is, here's his number contact him for the works, But I can do the plumbing and soil works?
Sure I could!

But what about making more money? Getting more customers ? It's all about reputation. it looks much better when I solve the whole job under my name and get things sorted even though I hire my mate for doing the boiler. I do not like sharing my customers , I like growing as a company. Especially once I am qualified. So why not starting earlier to get more customers, as long as the job is been done to regs no one cares.

I haven't been to other flats.
I just got the job yesterday and will meet them tomorrow to see the whole job. I just wanted to make sure that the idea of a HIU unit is good.

The thing is they want me to install:

Central heating
Hot & cold water for 2 bathrooms and kitchen
2 rooms underfloor heating
Waste pipe for the flat
And second fix of 2 baths, 1 double basin, shower tray, 2 back to wall toilets, and all other accessories.
HIU unit

So just to be on the safe side I wanted to know if the HIU unit is a good idea.

Does the ballpark figure 12-16k seem fair ?

Yea about right they supplying bathrooms etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler flue termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm hoping to get some advice. I moved into a new build house a few years ago. A Firebird Silverpac external oil boiler (kabin pak type)...
Replies
Views
Hello! Hope you're all well. I've read guidance and searched the forums before posting this..... Had our boiler serviced and had a risk notice...
Replies
Views
Hello new to the forum so will say thank you in advance to all and any assistance you can provide. background: current boiler installed in...
Replies
Views
HI, I had a new gas meter fitted a year ago and the installer said he wasn't happy with the flue. I have lost the report but would like to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock