Discuss blow off capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my mums bungalow to see about fitting an outside tap took alook outside and noticed a pipe below the flue which was obviously the blow off but what puzzled me was it had a soldered cap end on it its not full soldered but never seen this before fitted a lot of boilers with my ex boss but alwqys kicked them back to the wall

There's a special fitting you can get that looks like a cap. But I just point it back.

What ? just solder a 22cap on to 15mm pipe at the top on the outside ! Ugh - but I can see
it works and might look quite neat - CHK

QUOTE=croppie;557239]22mm cap on 15mm pipe?

Some guys do this rather than turn the pipe back to the wall.[/QUOTE]

Wont be capped off it will be a umbrella fitting/ mushroom fitting

yes, cut the 15mm at a 45degree angle then solder the 22mm on the end, my previous employer sometimes did this!

At last. Bloody tech.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382391865841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382391865841.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blow off capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
Hello my dad had a boiler check up today and the cap on the flue above the boiler had fell off. It's potentially been like that for a long time...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Back