Search the forum,

Discuss Bleed radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sebastienj

Hi,

One of my radiator does not bleed air or water. It is hot but I know there is air inside since I can hear it. How can I solve this?

Thanks

Bleed screw hole blocked , turn off radiator each end, remove fitting from radiator, cheep enough just replace it.

what sort of age is your radiator? I've had this before with an older one, even taking the bleed screw completely out you get nothing. I solved it by getting a pin and poking it in the bleed hole as it was gunked up. be careful though and keep the bleed screw close to hand to put back in quickly if this solves the problem..

Make sure pump is turned off, otherwise radiator might be sucking air.

yes the heating is off.

ok thanks for the advice, i'll try to see if the hole is blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleed radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some additional informations? Here's my problem: I'm not sure at what bar should I pump the chaimber (pre-charge pressure at bars). When I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
Boiler is making a gurgling sound and keeps short cycling. I believe there is air in the the system and I've already bled all the radiators. This is the pipe leading into the water cylinder, is it where I should be bleeding the air from?
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock