Discuss Better photo of required syphon/flush valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BillyTheKId

Can anyone identify this syphon type please and where I might get one. One of the lugs on the syphon where it locates on the fixed part in the cistern has snapped off. If I can't get a new part I will probably have to change the toilet as the retaining nut is located under the cistern inside the toilet and is inaccessible. To remove the cistern would undoubtedly break it. I live near Thetford in Norfolk.

Attached is a better photo of flush valve part I need

Many Thanks

Flush Valve.jpg

Not sure someone on here might know or email photo to toiletspares.co.uk and see if they can identify it.

Not sure as it's been in for a few years and I don't know the type but thanks anyway

Perhaps a plumber would be able to change this, it's what they do for a living, better than buying a new cistern

Looking at the photo in your first thread, I'd wager that flush valve would still be fine if you didn't use cistern blocks (blu loo blocks).
Once you have sorted it, please stop using them ;)

Before now, when faced with an unknown flush valve, I've taken the old valve to a merchants to see if it fits the cradle of anything else, turns out that a good few of them are interchangeable. Might be worth a try.
That does look like an old Geberit valve, if I remember correctly, a fluidmaster valve fits the cradle nicely.

Looking at the photo in your first thread, I'd wager that flush valve would still be fine if you didn't use cistern blocks (blu loo blocks).
Once you have sorted it, please stop using them ;)

They cause a chemical reaction to rubber over time don`t they?

As far as I know, yes.
Most of the cisterns I've seen with unexplained broken plastic bits, or prematurely rotten rubber seals etc. are the ones with a nice hand-staining lump of blue gunk in the bottom.
I've heard that manufacturers void warranties of cistern equipment if cistern blocks have been used.

Last edited:
I'll take your advice and not use them but I only put a block in this week as a friend gave me them. The flush valve packed up before that and I probably broke the retaining lug myself. One part of the valve had broken inside which I removed, it still works on one button. At the moment it's sort of ok have it secured to the overflow pipe to hold it steady.Will do as you suggest and check out plumbing merchants for a suitable replacement, regards

Not a clue on the valve But a plumber should be able to swap this for a new one without breaking the cistern

Another warning on the blue blocks for those that use wet vacs to empty the cistern. I did that once, the blue block made a blue (funny that) foam that blasted out the exhaust and all over a bathroom carpet and wall.

Not a good situation. I then stupidly tipped the contents of the wet vac into a tiled shower enclosure and the grout went blue. I'm an idiot but that's one more reason to hate the blue cistern blocks!

Another warning on the blue blocks for those that use wet vacs to empty the cistern. I did that once, the blue block made a blue (funny that) foam that blasted out the exhaust and all over a bathroom carpet and wall.

Ha Ha, been there, done it and got the T-shirt! Toilet pan not clearing and stupid customer puts a bottle of bleach down the pan = White foam out the exhaust, got that T-shirt as well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Better photo of required syphon/flush valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock