Discuss Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alltec

I'm looking to get a new combi boiler installed, and would like to get one that's reliable and with a long warranty.
I've seen Ideal do 7 years, Baxi do 10 on their top of the range Combi, Worcester only seem to offer 5 years and Valiant offer 5 or 7 years if fitted by an approved installer.
What would people advise regarding a quality boiler, and do these warranties offer good cover (i.e. parts and labour, and in general is it normally the manufacturer that does repairs under warranty or just any registered gas safe engineer)?.
It would seem Baxi don't have as good a name as Bosch, Valiliant - but with a 10 year warranty, what do people think?

The plastic in a Worcester will have leaked long before the Baxi or ideal warranties expire!

None are really worth the paper they are written on unless the boiler is installed correctly & the system is cleaned & treated to correct standards (with proof if poss). Even then there is enough wriggle room for most to get out of it if they must.
Get a descent engineer (who most likely will not be the cheapest) to carry out the work & suggest a boiler they know to be good.
You are only going to get the same old favorites again, of each in here.

UKPF require I recommend Intergas now :)

followed by someone else recommending Ideal / Worcester / Vaillant / Viesmann / Baxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back