Currently reading:
Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty

Discuss Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alltec

I'm looking to get a new combi boiler installed, and would like to get one that's reliable and with a long warranty.
I've seen Ideal do 7 years, Baxi do 10 on their top of the range Combi, Worcester only seem to offer 5 years and Valiant offer 5 or 7 years if fitted by an approved installer.
What would people advise regarding a quality boiler, and do these warranties offer good cover (i.e. parts and labour, and in general is it normally the manufacturer that does repairs under warranty or just any registered gas safe engineer)?.
It would seem Baxi don't have as good a name as Bosch, Valiliant - but with a 10 year warranty, what do people think?

The plastic in a Worcester will have leaked long before the Baxi or ideal warranties expire!

None are really worth the paper they are written on unless the boiler is installed correctly & the system is cleaned & treated to correct standards (with proof if poss). Even then there is enough wriggle room for most to get out of it if they must.
Get a descent engineer (who most likely will not be the cheapest) to carry out the work & suggest a boiler they know to be good.
You are only going to get the same old favorites again, of each in here.

UKPF require I recommend Intergas now :)

followed by someone else recommending Ideal / Worcester / Vaillant / Viesmann / Baxi

I'm looking to get a new combi boiler installed, and would like to get one that's reliable and with a long warranty.
I've seen Ideal do 7 years, Baxi do 10 on their top of the range Combi, Worcester only seem to offer 5 years and Valiant offer 5 or 7 years if fitted by an approved installer.
What would people advise regarding a quality boiler, and do these warranties offer good cover (i.e. parts and labour, and in general is it normally the manufacturer that does repairs under warranty or just any registered gas safe engineer)?.
It would seem Baxi don't have as good a name as Bosch, Valiliant - but with a 10 year warranty, what do people think?

please don't be a Lemming saying bosch,it is a marketing ploy,worcestors are cheap nasty plastic,just because they advertise on telly Lemmings like yourself buy them,Vailiant don't advertise on telly so why are they the UK's leading brand,cause you haven't guessed it yet have you!.Installers like them,they are well made,easy to fit,robust,easy to work on,they are made in Germany.Dont get to hung up on mega warrantie's as most manufactuers wiggle out of them

for any interested party, just removed a 3 yr old ferrolli and 2.5 yr old logic in the last month, in went an intergas each time. Ferrolli had busted pcb, probably duff gas valve and had been installed by an unregistered plumber - logic just had no fan available for 2 weeks, so doesnt matter if the warranty is eons long if you cant get parts in January :)

Doesnt matter how reliable it is, you're getting it for free, you have 3 grand saved to chuck at it in repairs.

wanting the world for free?

If you mean biggest selling, the answer is Worcester, by quite a large margin.
but if you don't want it to leak,blow up or melt or cost a arm and a leg like rip off vailant(yes they are taking the proverbial on spare parts prices) Baxi hea all the way

Last edited by a moderator:
but if you don't want it to leak,blow up or melt or cost a arm and a leg like rip off vailant(yes they are taking the proverbial on spare parts prices) Baxi hea all the way

Lie. If it's a baxi it will DEFINITELY leak. If only from the HW thermistor

All boilers leak, its a fact of life... There are just too many joints inside of them! All cars breakdown too, even the mercs & bmw's...

Any boiler will suffice, just have it installed correctly on to a clean system with good quality inhibitor... The rest is up to the gods...

trabants were a high volume car once, didnt make them any good :)

True. But that was in a closed market, without free competition.

Worcester have been market leader in the UK for well over a decade, against all comers. You don't have to like them. You don't have to buy them. But if you pretend that they are not the biggest swinging dick on the block, then you are just fooling yourself.

they are going to do a tescos soon, the markets saturated and theyll only realise to late, same as ford and leyland did in the uk, and toyota and others moved in and proved quality counts for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best combi boiler for reliability and warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock