Discuss Baxi solo 2. sort of vibration sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nefertari

Hello everyone,

When the boiler goes off (when room up to temp) there is a sound like a loud-ish vibration. It lasts for about 30 seconds or so before going quiet. I can also hear it in the airing cupboard but not sure if it comes from there (the pump) or not.

the boiler is working fine, rads get hot as does the water.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I had a water softener fitted 4 months ago.

Glad for any advice (i am booking a service for it later today when I find a good service eng from a work colleague)

Install a pump over run timer: will keep pump running for about three minutes after demand stops which will keep heat exchanger nice and cool and stop pipes and heat exchanger from knocking. Cause of problem is likely your heat exchanger parsley blocked but still working ok whilst pump running. Switch on only central heating when you turn the room thermostat lower so that the demand stops you will notice that pump stops directly.

not parsley again, damn those herbs. I find coriander even worse for heat exchangers. :)

You are quick to respond to my spelling error but you obviously do not have an answer to the actual boiler problem. Just to let you know my second language is english. Please give us your solution to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi solo 2. sort of vibration sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock