Discuss Baxi Solo 2 70PF Not starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkAqua

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A mate gave me a call on Friday. Boiler not working- said the OVERHEAT light was on and it would not reset.

went there that night, checked power in, pump running, controls calling Etc. All okay.

Checked continuity (inc leads) to the O/H sensor, continuity there. So replaced the PCB sat morning (spoke to Baxi Tech who confirmed the above and agreed it was the board)

replaced.

No joy, boiler light comes on and then nothing. Doesn't even attempt to run up. I can hear a relay pulling but nothing happens.

There is a thermistor on these (just called sensor by baxi) which has no continuity across it? But I'm correct in thinking that it shouldn't. circuit open?

Finally, it occasionally tripped the RCD on friday& Sat (with old board and sat wiht new board)

Any help?

Regards

Mark

I've had the aps not allow the ignition process and have you checked the pump over for leaks etc and is the fan spinning freely

If the boiler on light is on, and it's the original black aps I'd say it is probably that. All being said I'm thinking of a solo 3 pfl, assuming they are similar, could well be wrong.

Check the electrical connections onto the fan, I had one where the connection was corroded and not always allowing the fan to run and stopping, starting etc.

Thanks for your help guys. Double checked the power and continuity onto the APS and somehow it just burst into life. Mmmmmm.

Check all electrical connections to the APS and fan, also check the connector block at the top which they all plug into (the brown one) that it is sitting properly as this cracks and can become loose.

I'd say you released it back to NO with a gentle knock and it's been sat in NC after it's last fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo 2 70PF Not starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, Got a problem with a Baxi Solo 3 PFL50 The "pilot on" light is on permanently It was intermittent, but is now permanent When this...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
I have a Baxi 80e, old, but works well and I'm told easy to work on and spares available at a reasonable price, so not keen to put in a new one...
Replies
Views
Roy Crosby
R
Hi Guys Im after any advice or if someone can recommend a good heating engineer in Thanet ?. I had a Wundafloor manifold installed for our...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one to tax your tired brain cells. Got a customer with one of these old beasts & i was called out to it late evening because...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock