Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 80e continuously cycling on and off on heat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Baxi 80e, old, but works well and I'm told easy to work on and spares available at a reasonable price, so not keen to put in a new one just for the sake of it.

At the beginning of April, it developed a fault on the heating side (hot water is fine).

It lights (when heat is requested by the thermostat) then after 2-3 seconds, it goes out. Then immediately it lights again.
This cycle continues, sometimes just for a couple of minutes, then it stays alight and heats fine, some times it continues the cycle until the thermostat eventually doesn't call for heat.

In April, BG came out 3 times to it, and eventually replaced the gas valve, and it seemed fine. (Obviously it hasn't been on much since then)
About three weeks ago, it started doing the same thing, the first engineer (BG, it is on HomeCare) was puzzled and ordered a main board. The second engineer replaced the main board, but it did not help, and he ordered another gas valve.
On his third visit, he fitted the gas valve, set the boiler up, and it was fine. For three days.

He fitted the gas valve last Saturday, and it started playing up again on Wednesday.

I am not looking for comments on the engineers, things like this can happen, but I find it hard to believe that no-one has come across this before, and I'm hoping some one here has seen the fault in the past.

Reply to Baxi 80e continuously cycling on and off on heat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock