Discuss Baxi Bermuda firefront in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

voivod

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customer I have is looking to fit a Combi just now but wants to leave the fire front and the bbu (disconnected) in as they will fit a stove next year instead. Just wondered is that possible/legal?

Last edited:
Don't believe it's permitted now, check with Baxi I'm pretty sure they don't endorse it now

I thought it was okay as longs all the rear stuff is disconnected safely & stays in situ as it makes up part of the flue etc but have never done it myself or would like to lol

Phoned . Is okay if you blank of boiler gas. Not recommended unless fire has been serviced regular.

I am on with the same job in a week or so , phoned baxi and GS after a lot of conflicting advice , both were ok -ish sort off , if you know what I mean, yes you can leave the fire in but if anything happens we will walk away and you will cop-it lol .

The fires coming out

You have to remove the burners and cap gas to Boiler unit then drill holes in cast boiler section, any pipe work left on boiler has to be left with open ends.

Easiest way is disconnect electrics and water pipes. Remove the burner tray, unscrew the brass tail from the gas valve and put a 1/2" female cap on it. Put that tail back onto the gas cock.
If the fire has lights run a supply for the lights.
No need to drill holes in it as there are 3 x 1" holes where the pipes came off.
Boiler should be marked as a decommissioned appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda firefront in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, Just a quick one, ive recently been asked to fit a new fire in a property, there was one in previously but was removed simply...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Back