Search the forum,

Discuss Bar Mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Proplumb999

Hi, I need to replace a bar mixer shower for a customer, the existing shower is bristan and has fixed 130mm centers, spoke to bristan and they no longer make one with 130mm centers, they have showers which are "adjustable from 130 - 170 but this is via the z connectors at the back which it seems most of them are now, standard seems 150mm centers, does any one know of one available with 130mm centers or an adjustable one where the connectors are movable?
Thanks
John

I don't understand you said in your post that Bristan do one with 130 adjustable centres.

I don't understand you said in your post that Bristan do one with 130 adjustable centres.

Yes, Bristan do one which they say is adjustable but this is by the z connectors that come with the shower, the z connectors screw into the back plate behind the tile so would need to be done on 1st fix, the actual shower valve has 150mm centers. my problem is the original bristan shower has 130mm centers so I need to replace it with another shower with 130 centers as I have no access behind the tiles unless I smash them off.

Do you have access to pipework or is it just threads coming through the wall ? If you can get on some pipe you can use this or it can be adapted to work Genoa Thermostatic Mixer Shower Valve - Toolstation

Hi Riley... no I don't have access to pipework, just the threads, I thought about something like what you suggested but the body would be too far away from the wall & wouldn't be able to fix it, just have the male threads to go onto,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bar Mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Bristan Shower Mixer - Please see attached photo's. Has anyone else had this issues the Hot feed seems to have a hard plastic seat attached inside...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock