Search the forum,

Discuss balanced flue in a compartment reg help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rizzla

Hi all, I'm fitting a balanced flue burner output of 26kw I've worked out vent space of 143cm2 venting outside high and low.
But I haven't fitted in a compartment before, I have been told no ventilation is required surely that's not right.
Would be grateful for any help

Manufacturer's instructions will tell you. Air for cooling purposes only.

If it's a balanced flue that's going straight outside, then no extra venting is required as the flue is taking the air from outside.

If you're installing the flue in the compartment you need to think again lol!!! :smile:

[Edit] There is an official diagram in the books about all this which is pretty clear to be honest!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a balanced flue that's going straight outside, then no extra venting is required as the flue is taking the air from outside.

If you're installing the flue in the compartment you need to think again lol!!! :smile:

[Edit] There is an official diagram in the books about all this which is pretty clear to be honest!

It is a balanced flue and will be installed in a compartment, I have double checked the technical book 4 and sorry but it's not that clear to me, most of my installations are outdoor burners with a few room sealed but this is my first compartment, obviously I want to check everything twice to make sure they meet regulations

Can U install a balanced flue that isn't room sealed and didn't vent to outside directly?

Can U install a balanced flue that isn't room sealed and didn't vent to outside directly?

Do you mean a balanced flue in a room?
If so no vent would be required
If in a compartment vented from outside 550 top 550 bottom
If in a compartment vented from a room 1100 top same for the bottom

I have been asked to install the boiler in a kitchen within the unit's so I am just getting the regs right with clearance and venting ect

Isn't that a cupboard not a compartment.

A compartment is defined as a room or space partitioned for the use of containing a plant, or somewhere with insufficient volume to disperse build up of heat around the plant

I have been asked to install the boiler in a kitchen within the unit's so I am just getting the regs right with clearance and venting ect

Are you fitting the boiler in a kitchen or am I reading this wrong.

Are you fitting the boiler in a kitchen or am I reading this wrong.

Yes inside a unit yet to be built

This wouldn't by any chance be a Boulter Classic ?

It's new, I will vent outside high and low the unit will house the boiler in a corner

It will be purpose built, hence the easy vent to outside

sorry for the inquisition but when you called it a unit in the kitchen, I thought you actually meant a cupboard.
but high and low in your compartment will do.

sorry for the inquisition but when you called it a unit in the kitchen, I thought you actually meant a cupboard.
but high and low in your compartment will do.

No problem, wording should have been better.
Best to know it's advice for a engineer lol

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]1.8.5 Compartment Ventilation Requirements
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
A compartment is a room or space partitioned for the purpose of containing plant and
equipment, or a room or space of insufficient volume to satisfactorily disperse the build up of
latent heat around the plant and equipment contained therein.
BS 5410 Part 1 requires that when an appliance, whether of the open or balanced flue type, is
located in a confined space, air must be provided through purpose made non closable
openings for ventilation purposes. This is in addition to any air required for combustion
purposes. Where the air is taken from a heated space (i.e. from an internal space) purpose
made openings, one at high level and one at low level, both having free areas of 1100mm2 per
kW of appliance maximum output rating, are required. Where air is taken from outside the
building, purpose made openings, one at high and one at low level, both having free areas of
550mm2 per kW of appliance maximum output rating, are required.
It should be noted that compartments need to be provided with ventilation, whether the boiler is
of the open flued or room sealed type. Information from OFTEC, follow manufacturer instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to balanced flue in a compartment reg help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been having trouble with my boiler leaking for months. We thought we'd fixed it last winter as haven't had any trouble throughout the summer but in the last week or 2 it's leaked again, we had several people out to look at it but no one fixed it. Tonight we've had someone else look and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock