Discuss Baffling radiator problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazzaangel

Hi

Hope someone can help. The radiator in my ensuite only gets slightly warm while all others are roasting hot. I have tried turning of all the radiators but this didn't improve the heat, if anything the radiator is cooler! I have turned them all back on and the offending rad is heating up but still only warm. I have taken off the thermostatic valve to make sure it is not stuck in the down position and it is ok. The pipe entering the rad by the inlet is hot and th pipe coming away from the thermostatic valve is cool. The thermoshield inlet valve is fully open but i have noticed that when it is turned off then on there isn't the gushing noise that the others make when turned on so am wondering is thete a flow problem. It seems strange that the rad doesn't get hotter when the others are off even with lockshield open fully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try bleeding it. With you saying there's a 'gushing sound' I'm suspecting you have a lot of air in the system.

Hi, have tried bleeding but no air comes out, only water. The top of the rad is warm, bottom cooler. We have the dreaded double system of a combi and a gledhill system. Only 7 years old.

The rad has never really gotten hot I am perplexed as to why it doesn't get hotter when tge demand is reduced by turning all others off.

The rad has never really gotten hot I am perplexed as to why it doesn't get hotter when tge demand is reduced by turning all others off.

Could be a dodgy TRV, try isolating and disconnecting the rad and opening each valve in turn into a bowl.
This will blow any air or carp out of the feeds.

Could be a dodgy TRV, try isolating and disconnecting the rad and opening each valve in turn into a bowl.
This will blow any air or carp out of the feeds.

Am a total know nothing about these things, can't see anything on either valve that looks drainable.

give the side of the valve a slap/tap/rap with a spanner or metalic object to see if the jumper is stuck or if it pops open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baffling radiator problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock