Discuss Aviva Renewal Rip Off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another firm trying to earn on the back of people's complacencies.
Had a thames water plumbing cover through letter box, £10 for first year I though how can they make it work? Small print says the cover goes up to £150 following year IF you had no claims. I can imagine plenty of unaware people on their list paying hundreds a year. Then so many times I talk to clients who have a cover with BG and making me wonder why on earth Im standing there and not a BG guy

Yes but if your cover & remember to cancel it you've had a years cover for 10 quid!!

The auto renewal is well known, they make out its for out convenience to prevent a lapse in cover... More like an easy way for a fast buck! This practise should be banned, espically when the premium goes up without good reason!

I had the same with Aviva, when I moaned they said it was because there was a lot of claims in the area!!!!

So I take it I'm paying for everyone else now!

What with my various personality disorders, mild depression and long periods of substance abuse I've rarely got my sh*t together. So I've found auto-renewing to be an attractive choice in these hustly-bustly modern times.

Sometimes I can't keep it in my head long enough to search for quotes before it's too late, sometimes I receive the letter with the quote price and am so consumed by the pointlessness of life that I literally cannot bring myself to look up what the current price is let alone do something about it but most of the time I find a letter at the bottom of a mountain of rubbish a couple of months too late to find myself being congratulated on being insured for another year. Usually I sigh a relief that I'm at least covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aviva Renewal Rip Off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a homeowner, not a DIY person. My 20 year old Gloworm boiler needs replacing. British Gas quote is ok at £6100 for a 24kw replacement...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock