Discuss Are you busy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Was wondering if it is just me or does work/enquiries go up a ton going from summer to winter?
Just my first year of independence and feels odd turning down jobs when in May I was scratching for work :confused:
Kinda hoping this doesn't stop. How do you guys cope with it? Do you take on as much as you can and work 6 day weeks to make the most of it or do you cherrypick your jobs, put rates up etc?

Our Firm is Megga Old so Busy all year round ( not knocking it ), but a marked increase in winter.

Definite change always around Start of September. I always make sure Holidays and any time off are kept to a minimum from now until March (ish depending on weather).

Make hay whilst the sun shines my friend, Fix the roof when it's not raining !

Make sure you charge correctly for your time, don't under do it !

A healthy mark up on all materials too ! You're the one who gets the warranty phone calls and you have a business that needs to earn as well as you !

That's my advice to you Sir.

Hope it helps.

Gotta make hay whilst the sun shines I reckon, you never know what`s around the corner being SE.

I try not to do too work much now, but I do notice more work coming in partly due to boiler service or breakdowns. Happy to be getting less heavy and stressful work with decent customers

I try not to do too work much now, but I do notice more work coming in partly due to boiler service or breakdowns. Happy to be getting less heavy and stressful work with decent customers

Are you knocking on an old age now then Best ?

Buzy here, a bit like Besty lol , supposed to be slowing down , cant see it happening lol

Are you knocking on an old age now then Best ?

No, not yet, still in my 50s, - just become more lazy. :grin:
I just don't want any large jobs or jobs likely to be stressful anymore unless in my terms.
Jobs that only last a few hours or a couple of days suffice and less bother with getting money quick recently.

Ridiculously busy. I am working 6 days a week, got a full time subby working for me and I have just taken on another to cover a very busy couple of weeks coming up.

Its busy. People are waiting. I'm about 4 weeks behind where I should be and work is coming in quicker than I can do it. So prices rise.

Gonna have a couple of days in York or Edinburgh at some point in November and then 2 weeks at christmas. So I dont mind burning the candle at both ends for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are you busy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
J
Is there a market for flushing tankless water heaters? That's all I'd do as a business. I'd buy a flush kit on Amazon and start doing it. I've...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock