Search the forum,

Discuss Need e-mail or telephone assistance to help diagnose a heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Czech Pete

Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer that speaks English! Both the engineer that built the fireplace and the heating engineer that service the system dont agree with each other on system settings or design, and I dont trust either of them that they know what they are doing. As an engineer myself, I know when I am being fed bullshit and also I have a general idea of the system and what the faults are, which they just cant seem to resolve.

I have a modern house approx 8yrs old, with underfloor heating down and upstairs. This is backed up by a woodstove with a back boiler. I have a large 1000l tank (approx) which is heated by two immersion heaters (I assume one is for flooring and the other for hot water). The plumbing is a bit of a jumble, however, I have put together a diagram and backed up the diagram with photo's, to explain the system setup (red lines for hot water, blue for cold, pumps, valves etc... ).

Before I moved into the house 3 years ago, the hot water tank exploded and was replaced. Because of the issues listed below, I still feel there is a design issue with the system.

If it all worked correctly, it would be a nice set up... however...

Issue 1 - When I light the fire, the floor heating stops working.
Issue 2 - When the fire goes out, I have to force the underfloor heating to start working again.
Issue 3 - System often loses pressure.
Issue 4 - Some days the floor heating works, and some days, I just get hot spots (either up or downstairs)
Issue 5 - When I light the fire, sometimes the alarm goes off on the thermostat controller for 'high temp'.
Issue 6 - In deep winter, when the immersion heaters turn on, it can sometimes throw the electric in the distribution panel.
Issue 7 - The immersion heaters are always clicking on and off (as if to constantly regulate the temperature).
Issue 8 - There are probably other issues that I have forgotten... :)

I'm happy to build a good working relationship and pay the going rate for your time for e-mail and phone diagnosis.
If you live in CZ, then I'm more than happy to pay for your time to come and view and fix the system, however, if you just fancy some evening work to help me diagnose and fix the issue via phone and video call, then I'm more than happy to share the info that I have.

Looking forward to any response.

I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking for any ‘work’ for payment but I do enjoy a little problem solving when I’ve got the time. I’d be interested to look at your diagrams/photos. Drop me a pm.

Reply to Need e-mail or telephone assistance to help diagnose a heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock