Discuss Are you all ready for Christmas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
Hey guys,

Merry Christmas (maybe too early? - I've seen hundreds of trees up so maybe not lol) from me and Dan, and on behalf of the staff, who I can't thank enough for being awesome and covering on all the forums for the past year or so. We've had a lot going on, and it's still going on. So thanks for that.

Are you guys all done for xmas? You getting all the calls from customers wanting things finished for xmas? You got all your xmas prezzies? (or shop xmas eve like us?

Here's to a brilliant Xmas and a wonderful new year. :)

6EB6FF6E-BF68-4D34-A26D-6EC150B1B634.jpeg

Do any of you have any decorations in your vans? I have seen little trees on the dash and antlers on the windows lol

Merry Christmas Lou looking forward to a rest it's been a crazy year and still have a full order book till way into the new year so can't complain, hope you guys all have a great Christmas and a well deserved break , Mrs has done all the prezzie shopping , the tree and light are up so all's good , cheers kop

Merry Christmas Lou looking forward to a rest it's been a crazy year and still have a full order book till way into the new year so can't complain, hope you guys all have a great Christmas and a well deserved break , Mrs has done all the prezzie shopping , the tree and light are up so all's good , cheers kop

3.30 am , sake !! Lol, couldn’t you sleep ?

The Gift of Death

What a pity that the birth of Christ (if you believe in it) and the celebration of the winter solstice has degenerated into a compulsive need to 'get ready' by buying a load of rubbish that won't make us happy.

On a personal note, I lament the commercial drive to make people panic (apparently Christmas shooping was traditionally carried out on Christmas Eve) and I see no need to put up decorations before the 24th December nor to remove these decorations before Twelfth Night (5th January) has passed.

Why the need for ridiculous amounts of consumption? Ignore the environmental impact and we still have to work flat out to make this level of consumption possible. Pity the shopworker who has so much work to do on wages that are a national living disgrace, and the plumber who needs to fit in jobs before Christmas because that's when everyone wants things done by.

The treadmill of happiness:

work more-->spend more (to compensate for having to work more)-->earn more and keep going round - happiness is just around the corner!

What is wrong with just having a couple of days off and spending a day with friends or family without this counterproductive drive to make it a success?

The Gift of Death

What a pity that the birth of Christ (if you believe in it) and the celebration of the winter solstice has degenerated into a compulsive need to 'get ready' by buying a load of rubbish that won't make us happy.

On a personal note, I lament the commercial drive to make people panic (apparently Christmas shooping was traditionally carried out on Christmas Eve) and I see no need to put up decorations before the 24th December nor to remove these decorations before Twelfth Night (5th January) has passed.

Why the need for ridiculous amounts of consumption? Ignore the environmental impact and we still have to work flat out to make this level of consumption possible. Pity the shopworker who has so much work to do on wages that are a national living disgrace, and the plumber who needs to fit in jobs before Christmas because that's when everyone wants things done by.

The treadmill of happiness:

work more-->spend more (to compensate for having to work more)-->earn more and keep going round - happiness is just around the corner!

What is wrong with just having a couple of days off and spending a day with friends or family without this counterproductive drive to make it a success?
Humbug to you too mate

Humbug to you too mate
Humbug? No, I look forward to decorating the house and indeed will be sitting with some friends this Sunday to make some paper decorations, which can be used year in year out. I also look forward to a meal with friends and a day off on the 25th. I hope everyone has a great experience.

What I object to and do not enjoy is the associated hype.

So busy with life recently that I forgot (apologies) this place existed. Hope everyone is busy and still enjoying their important; if not always appreciated, role as a plumber/gas fitter etc.

Merry Christmas to you all, and to the general public who often seek expert advice from the proud tradesmen and women of UKPlumbersForums who so happily and freely give a moment of their time to help out.

Wish you all a good one for this year! Keefy.

Reply to Are you all ready for Christmas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Happy Christmas From PlumbersForums.net! We would like to wish all our members, new and old, a very happy Festive Season! Thanks for sticking...
Replies
Views
Merry Christmas boys and girls. :) Thanks for all those who joined in the Christmas fun over the past few weeks. Today's question is; What's the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hey there, First time posting here, thanks in advance for any advice you can give. First things first: I'm an idiot and I have no idea about...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Been having a real saga and head scratching situation. I originally had 1 problem, and now 2. Original issue: Air being built up in...
Replies
Views
Back