Search the forum,

Discuss Are designer, column type radiators bi-directional? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,
A customer has shown me some designer, flat column type radiators she wants me to fit. On the bottom they are marked 'in' and 'out' which I assume means flow and return. Does anyone know if it makes any difference which way the flow and return is connected? I don't imagine it does but can't understand why else they're labelled as they are.
Thanks,
Jock

Yes it does have to be as labelled as there’s baffles/ diverter

They can be a real pain, are you able to swap them over somewhere else, say floor above or near boiler? Obviously only an option if they're all wrong.

Reply to Are designer, column type radiators bi-directional? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking to fit a small Nordic 3 column radiator, but the red plastic bung that indicated the top has been removed along with all the others. I can see straight through the opening on the top and bottom and the diverter is separate, not already installed. In short, without...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure which valve I need to turn. I am not sure which is the flow or return. Or does it not make a difference? At the moment, both valves in the picture are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock