Search the forum,

Discuss ARCHIVE Fast track plumbing/Gas Safe training with Trainatrade TRAIN A TRADE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbinator

Hi everyone, just thought I would give you a heads up that Trade Qualified Ltd have gone in to liquidation, for those who do not already know. They have 197 student creditors, owed approx. £4500 each.
These fast rack companies are no good, and just take your money, give you very poor and limited practical training and are not a patch on a college course, which incidentally, will cost you much less too. AVOID. My son is now almost 5 grand out of pocket with zero qualifications, and no way of getting this money back now. That's what you get for thinking that there is a short cut to such a skilled trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fast track plumbing/Gas Safe training with Trainatrade TRAIN A TRADE

Sorry to hear your son has been a victim of the fast track culture and thank you for the information. Sadly, I doubt your son will be the last to lose money on such schemes, but if your thread manages to stop just one person from entering onto one of these courses, it's a good thing.

Thanks, Blake. Yes, sadly, all morning I have come across so many complaints and unsatisfied people on this forum. These companies seem to be going in to liquidation every 5 minutes! And then re-opening under a different name. Losing that amount of money can ruin someone. The members of this forum seem to have seen it time and time again.

Hi All,

Not sure if there has been any posts on here in regards to the 24+ advanced learning loans, below is some basic information on the loans and the benefits etc. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me.

The government is making loans available to anyone 24+ to study level 3 qualifications and hopefully these loans will allow those that cannot afford to pay for training upfront to complete a training course without succumbing to the rip-off merchants charging a fortune for courses with high APR and no get out clause. Some of the benefits are below.

The benefits of these loans are:

· They are not means tested.
· They do not show on your credit file.
· You do not have to pay them back until you earn over £21,000 per year. If you earn £22,000 a year you repay £7 per month, earn £25,000 repay £30 a month.
· Repayments don’t start until the April after you have completed your courses, but first repayments will not start until April 2016.
· If you wish to cancel your course at anytime you can and you only have to repay the payments up to the date you cancelled. (this will ensure that you are given an excellent service and course content because you can just cancel, no questions asked).

The loans are available to people aged 24 and older and are for approved Level 3 courses. We will be offering 24+ advanced learning loans for level 3 courses in:

Plastering
Plumbing and Heating
Wall and Floor Tiling
Electrical installations
PTLLS
TAQA

The course will be delivered at our centre and also as part of a blended learning course that will include home study and attendance at our centre. We will have options to suit all.

Availability will be limited so please email [email protected] to be added to our mailing list for further information on these loans. Applications cannot start until April 1[SUP]st[/SUP] with courses starting from August 1[SUP]st[/SUP].

Regards,
Dave
www.tradeteacher.co.uk
Construction Skills College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ARCHIVE Fast track plumbing/Gas Safe training with Trainatrade TRAIN A TRADE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I am a plumber with 6 years experience, I have my own business and have and NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification, I’m also OFTEC qualified and that has been the bulk of my work but I am now fitting a lot more gas boilers (under supervision) but I really need to get my gas safe...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team. Due to rising Industry demand we currently have vacancies for full time posts...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad back when I was 16 but lacked the foresight to see it through, and ended up working in IT for the last 15 years. However, I've got to a point where I...
Replies
Views
Catherine Dick was prosecuted by Halton Borough Council Trading Standards. The 33-year-old from Clayton Crescent in Runcorn, pleaded guilty to two offences of making false claims when she appeared at Chester Crown Court. Dick, trading as ACN Heating and Plumbing Services of Clayton Crescent...
Replies
Views
I was hoping that I could get some advice. The training firm that I trusted to change my career gave me every single question and answer for my ACS test. Blueflame, gas safe and NWPHS ltd have done nothing to address this fraud. My portfolio build was never completed, all my practicals were...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock