Search the forum,

Discuss Approx labour cost to replace a radiator (straight swap) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamezm

Hi!

I'm curious what the 'going rate' might be for a straight swap of two radiators. By straight swap, I mean that the length of the replacements are the same as the existing rads, but they are actually a different height and I am going from single panel to double panel.

I've just ordered the DeLonghi Compact P+ rads.

Any ideas of labour cost? I'm in Hampshire if that makes a difference at all.

Cheers!

James

There are no "going rates" I am afraid James, working on plumbing systems is not like buying something from a shop. Every system is different, as is every plumber, there are risks involved in carrying out the work & therefore each will what a different reward for the work being carried out, this often depends on what area of the country you are in.
Get at least 3 quotes from plumbers that are recommended, if at all possible & make your choice.
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
:welcome2:As Chris says, get yourself 3 quotes. It may look like a straight swap but it may be necessary to alter pipework when going from a single panel rad to a double so be prepared for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Approx labour cost to replace a radiator (straight swap) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock