Discuss Anyone know about ERR? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KRone

Hi
i have been training with OLCI since Feb. And now it seems that ERR have been appointed by the administrators to take over my teaching. I was already unhappy with OLCI but now I keep being told to wait from ERR and they will get back to me.

i know they have a lot to sort out but I feel I am getting the run a round just like with OLCI. Does anyone know about ERR and can put my mind at rest or are they the same type of company.

Originally I wanted to have my exams done by September but feel there is no chance of this now but ERR assures me it will be fine although they have cancelled my original exam dates.

If You are going with ERR from Featherstone in Leeds then You absolutely fine Mate. Not sure how the other centers doing, only been told by guys I have met at Leeds that they prefer this one than the other.
If that helps you.
Myself I have done practical part of Level2 now ongoing for level 3.

If You are going with ERR from Featherstone in Leeds then You absolutely fine Mate. Not sure how the other centers doing, only been told by guys I have met at Leeds that they prefer this one than the other.
If that helps you.
Myself I have done practical part of Level2 now ongoing for level 3.

Nice, I can see that all of your posts give credit to ERR;) This company has forced me to login here and give them a negative feedback. I'm a New Career Skills student struggling to get NVQ lvl 2 in domestic plumbing and heating (signed a contract more than 3 years ago, still no quals). ERR took over NCS in February 2014 and is simply appaling. Where do I start...

- ripped me off on amount of 600 pounds for assessors second arrival. Had to pay since my time on site was limited. Currently this matter is being investigated by the ombudsman as I'm trying to get my money back.

- slowest company in the world, over 2 months is not enough for them to submit my portfolio with site evidence.

- awful communication, the only way you can contact this company is through 0845 number and in summary I propably paid about 100 pounds for that already. There is no other number. Don't think that ERR is going to give you a call back even if they swear they will. Also forget about writing them emails. They won't respond.

Currently after more than 3 months from getting my portfolio they sent me a letter with a massage that I need some more training(?) I'm going to have to go to Leeds for that. Journey, accomodation and taking 2 days off is about 400 pounds down the drain. I disputed the content of my portfolio with my assessor many times, and according to him, everything should be okay. Yet they managed to find something they don't like.

!!!STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Currently I'm in a situation where I paid over 6000 pounds and I have nothing! Even after attending for this extra training it's very likely, that they'll do something to make task more difficult for me, and rob me from even more money. This is far beyond being incompetent. They're all complete malignant greedy assholes!

Nice, I can see that all of your posts give credit to ERR;) This company has forced me to login here and give them a negative feedback. I'm a New Career Skills student struggling to get NVQ lvl 2 in domestic plumbing and heating (signed a contract more than 3 years ago, still no quals). ERR took over NCS in February 2014 and is simply appaling. Where do I start...

- ripped me off on amount of 600 pounds for assessors second arrival. Had to pay since my time on site was limited. Currently this matter is being investigated by the ombudsman as I'm trying to get my money back.

- slowest company in the world, over 2 months is not enough for them to submit my portfolio with site evidence.

- awful communication, the only way you can contact this company is through 0845 number and in summary I propably paid about 100 pounds for that already. There is no other number. Don't think that ERR is going to give you a call back even if they swear they will. Also forget about writing them emails. They won't respond.

Currently after more than 3 months from getting my portfolio they sent me a letter with a massage that I need some more training(?) I'm going to have to go to Leeds for that. Journey, accomodation and taking 2 days off is about 400 pounds down the drain. I disputed the content of my portfolio with my assessor many times, and according to him, everything should be okay. Yet they managed to find something they don't like.

!!!STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Currently I'm in a situation where I paid over 6000 pounds and I have nothing! Even after attending for this extra training it's very likely, that they'll do something to make task more difficult for me, and rob me from even more money. This is far beyond being incompetent. They're all complete malignant greedy assholes!

DoubleL

Can i ask what the outcome of trying to get your money back was?
I was with NCS studying a 6189 Plumbing and heating qual until they went into administration and got taken over by ERR Ltd. Since the change over i have been forced onto a 6035 course with ERR who claim that it is a better course to be on. I have spoken to numerous people about problems and feel i am still not going anywhere. I asked them about the process of obtaining my NVQ Level 2 and was told that they could do it for an additional £1500 and an extra 3 weeks of training at their establishments, there was no mention of any on site assessments as NCS did.

Before i can even look at doing that though i need to be able to finish my basic 6035 course and after finally getting through to a ERR Ltd Manager (after threat of contacting the Ombudsman), i am still no closer to finding out how, while studying for my week 5, i am meant to study for Above Ground Drainage Systems when the new course work they have sent me does not contain any information about these systems what-so-ever!

Have you managed to settle anything with them or get anything back from them? and if so what avenues did you go down?

Any info would be very greatfully received.

I'm not having any luck with them either. What is the contact for the Ombudsman please?

I spoke with the ombudsman yesterday who told me that they don't deal with that, they would only get involved if there was a problem with the finance company for ERR. They instead told me to get in contact with Fair Trading Standards if I wanted to file a complaint against the training establishment. The number for Fair Trading Standards is : 0845 722 4499
I've not contacted them yet but will do so.
What is it that you having a problem with Err about?

I spoke with the ombudsman yesterday who told me that they don't deal with that, they would only get involved if there was a problem with the finance company for ERR. They instead told me to get in contact with Fair Trading Standards if I wanted to file a complaint against the training establishment. The number for Fair Trading Standards is : 0845 722 4499
I've not contacted them yet but will do so.
What is it that you having a problem with Err about?
My NVQ2 folder is missing, I sent it in and they tell me my course is out of date(July2013) they said it's more than 2 years ago!

DoubleL

Can i ask what the outcome of trying to get your money back was?
I was with NCS studying a 6189 Plumbing and heating qual until they went into administration and got taken over by ERR Ltd. Since the change over i have been forced onto a 6035 course with ERR who claim that it is a better course to be on. I have spoken to numerous people about problems and feel i am still not going anywhere. I asked them about the process of obtaining my NVQ Level 2 and was told that they could do it for an additional £1500 and an extra 3 weeks of training at their establishments, there was no mention of any on site assessments as NCS did.

Before i can even look at doing that though i need to be able to finish my basic 6035 course and after finally getting through to a ERR Ltd Manager (after threat of contacting the Ombudsman), i am still no closer to finding out how, while studying for my week 5, i am meant to study for Above Ground Drainage Systems when the new course work they have sent me does not contain any information about these systems what-so-ever!

Have you managed to settle anything with them or get anything back from them? and if so what avenues did you go down?

Any info would be very greatfully received.

I didn't get my money back yet. The case is still on the roll as the ombudsman looking at it right now. What I'm really afraid of is them loosing my folder. Currently they said that I shold definitely have it by monday, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know about ERR? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m just DIYing a bathroom refurb and came across this blanked off pipe in the wall that protrudes out about 2cm. The previous owners...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a...
Replies
Views
Back