Discuss anyone have experience with conex push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GBZ

I am interested in hearing any views on conex push fittings, both for water and gas.

I have a piece of work coming up and will need to keep 'hot' work to a minimum.

Views much appreciated.

Keith

You can't use Conex on Gas pipe work. Infact you can't use any pushfit on gas as they all seal with a rubber O ring. Which would quickly melt in case of a fire and thus you would have a major gas leak very quickly. This is fairly common knowledge. No offense meant.

As to my opinion on them for water. Personally I think they're great...Grant supply them as standard connections for some of their boilers. Which is quite an accolade when you think about it.

Last edited:
Actually, I understand that Conex make a fitting called >B< press which can be used with gas.

Thanks for the other info though.

conex b press fittings are not push fit. I have used a simular type of fittings before and they work very well, the ones i used requred the hiring of an battery powered pressing machine and diffrent size jaws. i think it was made by AEG and used the same batteries as there battery drills.

whats the cost diffrence between them and normal end feed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone have experience with conex push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock