Search the forum,

Discuss Any Potterton experts out there ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I really never come across these boilers in my neck of the woods so I'm at a bit of a loss with this one. Potterton Performa 28. Frustrating intermittent fault, boiler was losing pressure but I recharged expansion vessel and that seemed to stop it until the past couple of days. Every other day now The owner is having to reset the boiler as it has locked out 30°c / flame fail neon flashing when he resets it,it works absolutely fine. He is looking to sell or rent the property so needs to get it remedied. It has never faulted when I've been There so cannot fathom what part of the process isn't working. Does anybody have any experience of these

Check the burner and injectors are clear. Had a few where it has ignited but a burner rail or 2 on flame rec side hasn't lit or has a weak flame. Just keep an eye on the left through the site glass when it ignites/low fire and see if any difference in flame height near the flame rec probe.
Check minimum/ignition burner pressure usually 2mbar(ish) - pull off one of the modulator wires on gas valve to check.
Apart from that as previously said the usual checks.
Good luck

I've done all the basics and I'm assuming that it must be a fault that occurs when the boilers been running for a while as it's never locked out while I've been there b

if the obvious checks rule out ok it comes back to the pcb,one thing worth trying that i have seen a few times,open hot tap,leave it get hot,turn the tap down low,if it kettles pcb is not telling the gv to modulate down,it will eventually lock out,also remove the venturie,they can oval ever so slightly,normally caused by the fan relay in the pcb

I'm no expert but check the gap between the electrodes the re should be a 4 mm gap but over the years of use this can change causing flame failure

Check the min pressure at gas valve ,if it's set too low the boiler will lock out when it modulates down when up to temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Potterton experts out there ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old). It turns out after checking Serial number with Potterton that it was manufactured in 2003. Had it regularly serviced but a few weeks ago it failed...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
I have a customer with a Potterton Suprima boiler that keeps locking out with a red flashing light. If you reset the boiler it fires up fine and heating and hot water work etc and then it just locks out again after an hour or so. Everything looks in order and flue is clear, customer had a new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and filter, new pump, plus new Hive. Did full power flush of all 5 radiators before the installation. It has been 10days and boiler stil not working...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock