Discuss Any advice gratefully received! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SuperMarryO

I have recently replaced my bathroom suite as a novice plumber. There are no leaks and everything works apart from these two issues:

When I fill the bath with both hot and cold water running on mixer tap, after a while the overflow pipe outside is gushing out water? I will try to ad a picture or video of this to help.

My new mixer tap now has a very poor flow from the hot tap.
The tap is rated for medium pressure and I have tried covering the head with my hand whilst running both hot and cold to remove any potential airlocks.

I have a regular boiler (not combi) and have a hot water cylinder in the cupboard upstairs. The system is gravity fed.

I am wondering if any of this is linked to when I initially shut everything down and drained down the water to allow me to work on the new plumbing. Any help or advice would be gratefully received please. I thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to my questions. 1483363096762-104165219.jpg1483363096762-104165219.jpg

Replace the bath taps for to separate taps with the old fashioned style wind down heads not lever taps. The cold water is over powering the hot water and heading up to the tank in the loft overflowing it.

Or fit a non return valve on the hot side but it sounds like your tap isn't not suitable as above

If you have used flexible connections to taps make sure they are not kinked, And replace taps with full bore one's for low pressure systems

I had the old style taps on originally which worked fine but I wanted to update with the rest of the bathroom. I'm reluctant to go back to old style again. Is there anything else I might be able to do instead? Thank you very much for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any advice gratefully received! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock