Search the forum,
  • Thread starter GasMaster
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 3K
  • gas

Discuss Android / iPad Gas Applications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GasMaster

Hi Guys, Ive had to set up a new account as i couldn't remember my old Password and the link to reset didn't work, (previously Desperado dan)

Any how,

This goes out to all Gas Engineers, it seems to be increasingly apparent that Paper is definitely on its way out, this goes for CP12's and invoices, Ive recently got an iPad and bought both the kids a cheap Android device of ebay for christmas, while i was getting used to them, i had a quick look on the iTunes AppStore and the Google Play store for what software was about for us Gas Engineers, To my surprise there was quite a few, For Invoicing there is Quickbooks and Invoice2Go, they seem very easy to use and dont alienate people with a barmy price tag, for the Gas Software, (Cp12's, service reports, Breakdown reports etc) there is Gas Checker iOS Gas Checker Android- £15.99 per year, and Commusoft- £75.00 per month, and EasyGas - £100 one off and £40.00 per year.

I cant afford Commusoft, and when i had the trial the CP12 was not great, so then i was left with Gas Checker and Easy Gas, I know it sounds crazy but the most expensive isn't always the best if you compare Gas Checker to Easy Gas Gas Checker is so much easier to use and Navigate through, and its got some great little features, like add to contacts, upload logo,

Has Anyone else got any reviews or feedback on any other apps that may suit me to use for work?

I use gas checker, just email to myself, landlord/agent and to tenant. Brilliant. Best bit is not having to fill out all your details every time. It also alerts you when the next cert is due.

What's the legal standpoint on this? Not everyone has email and it was my understanding a copy must be left on the premises there and then

What's the legal standpoint on this? Not everyone has email and it was my understanding a copy must be left on the premises there and then
it is the responsibility of landlord/agent to ensure copy is on premises not the gsr

The tenant only has to have a copy on request within 28 days.

Im waiting for the day when (an easy solution not one that requires a lot of headaches ) you can get your phone call a template up, fill in form/invoice/job ticket and print to a cheap basic printer in your van.

I use gas checker and its worth the money I paid for. I'm a bit weary sometimes because the person who wrote the APP is also a gas engineer and he's got access to all the certificates that get generated on each account. So bear that in mind.
He might decide to use that information for is own business or sell it to other firms.

It's good when you need help with it though. Send him an email and he's straight on the phone, great service

I'm on EasyGas here, it's won us loads of extra work to be honest.

Professionalism really.

They look better than the triplicate pads you keep in the van, the letting agents love them. We've just taken 65 properties on that have been done poorly before because they love how easy it is to transfer the documents, nothing gets lost or damage, copies are simple and available at the touch of a button on my iPad.

I send the documents over when I do each one, they have a permanent copy on their files to do with what they want and so do we.

Cheaper than what normally gets spent on pads over 12 months too, no brainier.

Professionalism really.

They look better than the triplicate pads you keep in the van, the letting agents love them. We've just taken 65 properties on that have been done poorly before because they love how easy it is to transfer the documents, nothing gets lost or damage, copies are simple and available at the touch of a button on my iPad.

I send the documents over when I do each one, they have a permanent copy on their files to do with what they want and so do we.

Cheaper than what normally gets spent on pads over 12 months too, no brainier.

Agree on all counts. Makes life easier for all involved

I use gas checker and its worth the money I paid for. I'm a bit weary sometimes because the person who wrote the APP is also a gas engineer and he's got access to all the certificates that get generated on each account. So bear that in mind.
He might decide to use that information for is own business or sell it to other firms.

this sounds a bit worrying, i have just spoken with gas checker and they informed me that when i signed up to the app there was a disclaimer to say that they do not share or pass on data to any 3rd parties, its also on the privacy policy page. They have also informed me certs only get sent back to gas checker server, when the sync button is pressed in settings, so for me thats fair enough, if you have any issues then dont press sync i suppose.

Well, i have now upgraded to Gas Checker PRO, for £15.99 for the year its a no brainer, the Leisure certs cost me £12.00 for like 30 certs so, for an extra £3.00 how can i not upgrade. The Guy who has the App tells me they are about to spend £35k on extra features, like invoicing, manuals, spares job sheets etc, all included in the £15.99. Ive had a run through with them and honestly its simple to use and fast.

will let you know how i get on when in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Android / iPad Gas Applications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock