Discuss alpha flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

i have a job to look at friday to move/swing a flue from one wall to allow conservatory, to another wall.
i presume the boiler is in the corner of house.

like most, i know boshyte about these boilers but i was wondering if anyone knows roughly how much the flueing would cost in parts assuming it is around a meter in length?, or could it be the normal price range of say a baxi?. could even be 2 pipe mdpe!!.

bit of a wide shot but the jobs in the sticks so could do with some ammo beforehand for the quote.:thinking:

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
alpha -ocean use baxi 105 standard efficiency flues but IIRC,all other alphas are different and being alpha they will rip you

its going to be a.....i will get back to you with a price + labour then.lol

Just a thought if the conservatory is yet to be built......

Not an Alpha but...

I had a similar job where a customer was having a conservatory built and the flue needed re-routing, the company that built the conservatory fitted what they called a plastic pack (basically a plastic panel that sat between the wall of the house and the glass of the conservatory about 300mm wide), this aloud me to leave the boiler where it was and extend the flue through 90 degrees and terminate it through the 'plastic pack' then due to boundaries I fitted a plume management kit.
total cost of parts was around £200 (flue extension kit, plume kit and brackets), all joints were accessible and flue was routed nice and tight to the wall so didn't stick out like a sore thumb!

Good luck

Just a thought if the conservatory is yet to be built......

Not an Alpha but...

I had a similar job where a customer was having a conservatory built and the flue needed re-routing, the company that built the conservatory fitted what they called a plastic pack (basically a plastic panel that sat between the wall of the house and the glass of the conservatory about 300mm wide), this aloud me to leave the boiler where it was and extend the flue through 90 degrees and terminate it through the 'plastic pack' then due to boundaries I fitted a plume management kit.
total cost of parts was around £200 (flue extension kit, plume kit and brackets), all joints were accessible and flue was routed nice and tight to the wall so didn't stick out like a sore thumb!

Good luck

?got any pictures?

interesting..

2014-09-30 09.22.11.jpg2014-09-30 09.20.42.jpg

Ideal until it gets boxed in with no inspection hatch on it.

Been back since to plumb in a washing machine (using conservatory as a utility room), all walls plastered and white washed so flue blends in nicely......NO boxing in!
The customer was made well aware that if he was to box it in it will have to have an inspection hatch fitted, he said he didn't see the point in boxing it as doesn't draw your eye now it's decorated.
Also looking at having a new combi fitted next year so talked him into having it fitted in the loft! (If it happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to alpha flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
J
Hi. I moved in to a new build home and 3 years later (after the builders warranty expires) the boiler is slipping off the wall at one side...
Replies
Views
Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock