Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha 2 15-60-130 pump in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto Adapt was pulling 14w which is not enough. I have now set the right side led to position 4 and it pulls 25w.

Does anyone know what the pump should run at for 12 rads and does it matter which setting is used - left or right led settings. Images attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 4
25 watt is indicative of more or less what I would expect as sufficient for 12 rads, that setting is constant pressure CP3 which is a 12ft or 3.7M constant head which should be fine IMO, the right hand photo is showing it in constant speed CS 2 which only gives a max head of 7.8ft or 2.4M which falls still further as the flow demand increases, reflected in the 14 watt output, far too low IMO, the highest setting is CS3 at 19ft or 5.8M which shouldn't be required for your system. Auto Adapt (proportional pressure, PP control) doesn't really work on most pumps.
1705567006733.png

Reply to Alpha 2 15-60-130 pump in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello forum, 1st time here. The Grundfos 3-speed pump in a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil combi boiler is on its way out. The boiler is old but in v good nick. The network is trunk/branches. All rads (but one) have TRVs. Pump is set on max, which seems to be what it needs when supplying all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock