Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Alkathene Fitting Q in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sargan

I have a 32mm Alkahtene pipe that terminates on a one way valve on a pressure vessel.

To make the connection these is a metal Alkathene fitting .. consisting of a nut, compression Olive, space and an O ring.

The nut then screws onto the pressure vessel fitting, pulling olive tight onto pipe and spacer presses O ring into groove in the fixed half of fitting, and the O ring making the seal.

Picture here of the pipe end fittings.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Tafflad/DIY/alkathene.jpg

The O ring is damaged .... anybody know where I can get spare O rings ... size is 3.5mm x 32mm
I estimate 3.5mm as it is different at every point I put callipers on.

The designation on the fitting is :

DVGW G.PN4 WPN10

(The DVGW tells me is is German water systems standard)

Tried local plumbing & commercial plumb centres ... all their alkathene fittings are plastic not metal ... no option to change to plastic as it has to work with existing pressure vessel.

Been to Plumbing Trade outlets ... no joy .. also tried screwfix, machine mart, and loads of fun Googling
I will try farming supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alkathene Fitting Q in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock