Discuss Airing Cupboard Being Missed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Radioman

After a successful conversion to a combi in one of my properties my tenant is missing the use of the airing cupboard where the cylinder used to be. They used this to dry their towels etc. Now they have damp towels that end up smelling like a Tom Cats pants. Any suggestions on how I can warm up this cupboard?

Put a radiator in there and link it to the old flow and return pipework.

Yep defo put a rad in because they will dry everything on the house rads and cause loads of damp/condensation in the bathroom

some ventilation into the cupboard may also help to remove the moist air.

Put a radiator in there and link it to the old flow and return pipework.

I thought of that already but that will only work when the ch is on which is only 4/5 hours a day. Did think about a tube heater like in a greenhouse

If you tea it into the boiler flow/return it will work when ever the boiler is calling for heat or hot water

its a combi anyway but you cant tee into primarys without a zone valve and stat to meet regs.

I thought of that already but that will only work when the ch is on which is only 4/5 hours a day. Did think about a tube heater like in a greenhouse

if you fit a leccy heater i would put a cage around it to stop anything covering it causing a fire risk.

A duel fuel towel rail
connected to the heating and with an electric element

So I think I will fit a normal rad. I could fit an elec element into that like a dual fuel towel rail but surely if I do that and leave the valves open during the day won't the element try and heat the rest of the house up? I could end up with a shocking leccy bill[emoji21]

Doesn't the tenant pay?
An element wont fit in a normal radiator

Element will fit towel rail, not standard radiator (as pointed out by Scott).
Also, whole house will not be heated, only the towel rail to which element is fitted

Ok we fitted a 600x400 rad plus a tube Heater which is switched by a stat.

For old ladies that have come off solid fuel and have the AC judders we fit an two port on house and use old primaries to get a rad up to AC. 6*6 single with prog stat. Two L/s and that's it. It acts as bypass and can be set to be on 24/7 should they wish. Doesn't effect the Gaffs heating.

Removal of damp air..... Explair with humidity sensor

For old ladies that have come off solid fuel and have the AC judders we fit an two port on house and use old primaries to get a rad up to AC. 6*6 single with prog stat. Two L/s and that's it. It acts as bypass and can be set to be on 24/7 should they wish. Doesn't effect the Gaffs heating.

Removal of damp air..... Explair with humidity sensor

It's a combi

Why cant the people get themselves a tumble dryer. and a clothes airer. rather than having piles of stinking wet washing around the place. gross

Miele a++ used only when needed and an airer and washing line.

A++ isn't the best for environment. Our a++ is less efficient than a beko band b. Read the actual performance spec. Someone told me.... Thought b.s till I checked

hhhm thats odd. The Bekos not going to look right next to my acv cylinder though is it ermin!!

;-)

No never ever ever but a natural convection clothes dryer would ! You all fitted out then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Airing Cupboard Being Missed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock