Discuss Air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shiv5

Hi everybody,

ive been having this problem for a while now. The pressure of the shower starts decreasing so much that there's hardly any water coming out. I've searched on the net and youtube and it sounds like something called a airlock. What I'd like to ask is how to resolves this permanently please?

I have a 3 bar pump and 114 litre cylinder tank.

kind regards

shiv

3 bar is quite possibly creating a flow rate in excess of what the storage can cope with. pics would help.

also, do you find that after the flow stops if you leave it a bit it splutters a bit then returns to normal?

i agree the tank is too small you really need at least 50 gallons of stored water not 25

Thanks for all your replies. Been a bit busy past f we days so didn't get a chance to put photos up earlier but have done so now.

Regards

Shiv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 36
I'll start the ball rolling then. Pump dragging air down vent, storage too small.

Any more takers.

That looks like a 50/70 gallon cwt, so fairly decent cold storage.
I would check the ballvalve on cwt isn't blocked & filling slowly.
Also - the ballvalve is directly above the cold feeds from bottom of tank & not ideal place for putting air into pipes to pump.
The work looks a mess & should be all repiped.

Was there a pump previously? if so was it changed for this one ? I think it is to powerful for the amount of stored water you have ...regards Turnpin:punk:

Was there a pump previously? if so was it changed for this one ? I think it is to powerful for the amount of stored water you have ...regards Turnpin:punk:

hi

no there wasn't a pump there before

3 bar is quite possibly creating a flow rate in excess of what the storage can cope with. pics would help.

also, do you find that after the flow stops if you leave it a bit it splutters a bit then returns to normal?

Hi

yeh I do find it splutters a bit and returns to normal.

Your taking your hot water from the wrong place causing air to be pulled down the vent, you need a Surrey flange installing in the side of the cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Ive had to replace the pump isolator valves as they were leaking. All done and working but struggling to get air out. Rads are all good...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had this problem for a week now. The oil boiler will run for a short while and then stop. If I check the pipes around the 3 way valve...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back