Discuss AECV your thoughts ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG
Working at a complex of student accommodation flats. They are having a new gas supply to the combi boiler in each flat
The pipe will go through the wall into the boiler gas connection
The meters are all outside and not always near the entrance
Would an internal AECV be needed?

If the pipe comes through the wall next to the boiler, then i would fit a aecv and it would double as boiler isolation as well, hope this helps

If it's only supplying the boiler then and there not in a locked room no but needs to be within 60 secs from each flat

You already have external lever valves (might water to move the right hand set first meter lever valve

I had 12 meters from the door to gas meter in my head. Not sure if that's a gas regulation

Just checked it's 6m and test nipple required

IMG_2854.PNG

Which means every flat needs one

And lots of houses with the meter at the path to the side

And lots of houses with the meter at the path to the side

Yep tbh I think it's a bit of an arse covering rule but we have to follow them esp with what happened this year make sure it's all fire stopped

I have worked on similar projects scott and have always fitted a AECV internally where the gas supply enters the dwelling it supplies these have been a fire rated ball valves in case of fire sleeved and fire stopped i would guess your working to a specification so this install is fitted as drawings ? Voice your conserns then it up to the people above . cheers kop

I haven't seen any info on the internal work yet. It may even be someone else that does it.

What do you mean by fire rated ball valve? A soldered valve?

Not necessarily scott the AECV needs to be able to with stand a fire in the room what manufacturer are you using for your valves ? having valves outside accessible to students will only lead to student pranks turning them off for a laugh , a better way would be isolation at each sub meter within the meter box , a internal fire rated isolation valve at the gas entry point compleate with test point and the main incoming gas supply which feeds the block would have isolation and a gas solenoid fire valve interlocked with the fire alarm cheers kop.

There is a valve before each secondary meter inside the box.
The valve after the meter has received a few complaints but it's on the drawings.

Then thats all you need scott the other isolation valve should be internal in my opion all the best kop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AECV your thoughts ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock