Search the forum,

Discuss Advise required on fitting a boiler stove to solely heat log cabin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay1986

Hi i am looking for some advise, I intend on fitting a boiler stove with 2 pipe connections to a single coil water cylinder and four rads. I am intending to fit a expansion tank and have the the system open vented. Don't have room for cold water storage tank so will be using mains water inlet for hot water system. Don't have much height difference between tank and stove so will this mean I would be better to fit circulating pump? If so how will I control this pipe stat or on/off switch? If so what would happen if I had a power cut? As I would have no heat sink rad. Also if i run pipes back to tank in copper is it ok to have rads piped in plastic? Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Don't have room for cold water storage tank so will be using mains water inlet for hot water system.

If by this you mean you are fitting an unvented cylinder then you cannot (legally, and especially if you don't know what you are doing) connect to this as a solid fuel appliance is an uncontrolled heat source.
Speak to the manufacturers and see what they advise.
If so what would happen if I had a power cut?
Worst scenario
Mythbusters Water Heater - Various Camera Angles - YouTube

Good innit :lol:

Sorry my mistake I need a cold water storage tank but have limited space, is there a certain size this is required to be? Does it have to be able to hold the same amount as the hot water cylinder?

Sorry my mistake I need a cold water storage tank but have limited space (no roof space in house), is there a certain size this is required to be? Does it have to be able to hold the same amount as the hot water cylinder?

Thanks for your reply. What about rads can I run plastic pipe to them? And what will I use to control circulating pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advise required on fitting a boiler stove to solely heat log cabin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock