Discuss Advice on career path in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeePNE

Hi all,

I need some advice. I am currently doing an Access to building services course at college and have decided that I would like to become a Gas engineer. I asked my tutor about which route to take and he told me that they are running a course in September that would get me the qualifications needed to do it (BPEC and ACS) the course will be 6 weeks at college, out on site for 'X' number of weeks to create a portfolio and then 1 week ACS assessment. For me this is brilliant as I am 25 and I think finding an adult apprenticeship placement would be difficult. All this sounds good apart from 1 thing...... Experience. Every job I look at asks for experience (understandably so) So my question is, what would be the best way to gain some experience?
I am determined to make this work and will do anything I need to make it happen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Get a job & work along side a gas engineer for a year or so, what other way is there to build it?

There is no way around it Lee, to be able & allowed to take your ACS you must of worked in with gas.

Tip -- do not do the gas foundation course until you have a job working with gas.

Last edited:
Do the course, but scoure your local area for a gas safe plumber/ gas engineer to either take u on full time or even let u tag along a day a week and get some knowledge. You could alway look for a bolo volunteer role somewhere and gain some experience like that. Good luck anyway

I'll be taking my ACS as part of the college course, they have a local housing firm taking us on temporarily to complete our portfolio, so that's not a problem.

What I was asking (I didn't word it very well in hindsight) was How I should go about getting the work in the first place? Would any of the big firms be willing to take me on or will I just have the local lads to ask?
Sorry if it sounds like i'm asking silly questions, i'm just trying to get as much information as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on career path in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock