Discuss Adding a feed water adapter on a copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alex158790

I need to install a feed water adapter on a copper pipe, can I do it by adding a compression coupling?

Once the feed water adapter is installed on one end of the copper pipe, I need to terminate the water supply on the other end of the copper pipe, what's the name of the piece I should I add for that?

The pipes are fixed to the wall, I've read the best way to cut copper pipes is with a tubing cutter. Should I get that or should I do it with a hacksaw and if I do it with a hacksaw, what kind of hacksaw should I use and is there anything I should do once I've cut off the pipe?

Welcome to the forum alex, are you saying ........

I have a copper pipe which feeds water to xxxxx and I want to cut in to this pipe to also feed water to yyyyyy then disconect the water to xxxxx. ?

Ok, so why not just cut the pipe and rework it to where you want it to go then you don`t have an unsightly dead leg?

The pipe's under the sink so anything that happens under there is not unsightly since it can't be seen. I'm going to take out the cold water tap, replace it with a new faucet and connect the bottom of that faucet to a flexible pipe that leads into a reverse osmosis system. The cold water copper pipe is going to need to be amended in order to feed water into the RO system. This means I need to cut it off and block it but I also need to fit a feed water adapter to it. I have 1.5cms between the wall and the pipe and am wondering what tool I should use to cut the pipe, what I should fit to the pipe to screw on the feed water adapter and once I've put that on, what I should fit on the other side of the feed water adapter to close off the water flow. Here's a link to the feed water adapter I'm using: iSpring 123Filter 1/2" Water Supply Connector 1/4" #AFW2+ABV3

As your talking about a water filteration system I`m going to leave it to people with a greater knowledge of the water regs to advise you.

thCACYWWKF.jpg

Am I missing the point or does this just require a pipe slice and a tee piece down to whatever size is required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding a feed water adapter on a copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock