Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss A rated pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard

Gas Engineer
Was talking to another gas engineer & he told me he had to change a combi over as he could"nt get hold of the old type pump! Anyone else had this prob?

Don't use plumb Center or Pts for parts!!! Pumps still avail.

As Ermintrude says, there are still plenty of old style pumps available. We still have well over a thousand.

Eventually, however, they will disappear from merchant shelves. They should still be available from parts stockists, although probably at grossly inflated prices.

Grundfos have also produced the UPS2, which is more or less the same shape as the old 15/50 or 15/60, unlike the Alpha series which are a different shape. The UPS2 should physically fit most places where an older model needs replacing.

Thanks ray,have never used Williams before.Never realised there was a branch in Aldershot either.I"ll use you in future.Thanks

Ray,

The UPS 2, is that a replacement for both ie is it designed to work with combi's as well ?

Normally 15/60

Kev.

Ray,

The UPS 2, is that a replacement for both ie is it designed to work with combi's as well ?

Normally 15/60

Kev.

Yes - see this from the Grundfos site

grundfos The UPS2 is the ideal product for the replacement of small heating circulator designs which are currently installed in heating systems with limited space and which do not meet the current efficiency levels as stipulated under the EuP directive. The UPS2 is fitted with modern motor technology and electronic control which enables it to meet an EEI value greater than or equal to 0.23. The UPS2 is designed therefore to meet the efficiency levels as stipulated in the EuP directive for both 2013 and also for the future requirement in 2015. The UPS2 has been designed to fit into a location where a Grundfos UPS15-50 or UPS15-60 model is currently located. The UPS2 can also be delivered as a pump head only. This allows an installer the option to change a pump where it is too difficult to remove the complete unit from the system. [B said:
Features and benefits[/B]

• Three Pumps in One - The UPS2 can be set to meet the requirements of a UPS15 model designed for either 4m, 5m or 6m performance. In addition there are three choices of proportional pressure control that can also be selected.
  • Control Box - The control box of the UPS2 can be mounted to the left, right or to the top.
  • Cable Gland - The cable gland of the UPS2 is the same design as that used on both the UPS15-50 and UPS15-60 circulators. This minimises time taken on changeover.
  • Pump Head - Where the existing pump base is in good condition a pump head option can be chosen in order to minimise installation time by replacing the pump head only.
  • Dimensions - The UPS2 is almost identical in overall dimensions to the UPS15-50/UPS15-60 models.
  • Deblocking - In older pump systems it may occasionally be necessary to manually free the pump shaft if it becomes blocked in operation. The UPS2 is fitted with a screw which allows access to the pump shaft so that it is easier to deblock the pump once installed.

They aren't cheap at around ÂŁ120 a pop, so I don't expect to sell many until we have completely run out of the older models. Much cheaper than scrapping a boiler though!

next time you stip out a heating system with a nearly new pump, stick it in the shed instead of the tat bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A rated pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock