Discuss £700 for repairs to Ariston mincrogenus boiler and still not fixed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting more common with cheap showers and brassware no doubt!

definatley - had a megaflow that kept loosing its air bubble and dripping on exp relif valve. only found after changing the exp relif and pres reducer and still did the same .

definatley - had a megaflow that kept loosing its air bubble and dripping on exp relif valve. only found after changing the exp relif and pres reducer and still did the same .
Yep had this also, too many outlets it could have been, so put a 3 bar PRV above mains stopcock so all outlets and showers where balanced, on the megaflo you can do this on install as long as you record where the PRV is fitted etc, if a complete new build obviously everything would go via the PRV's balanced port.

Yep had this also, too many outlets it could have been, so put a 3 bar PRV above mains stopcock so all outlets and showers where balanced, on the megaflo you can do this on install as long as you record where the PRV is fitted etc, if a complete new build obviously everything would go via the PRV's balanced port.

they used to come with a seperate press reducer and cold exp relif but now seem to be combined

Really!? I wonder if that's true?
Depends if you believe in Santa Claus?
The wording on their site has been updated to" new water inlet controls increase flow rates by up 20%"
Maybe they got challenged over their claims? It now appears further down their marketing bullet points too

I live in SE London area.
The hot water to taps is always better. Maybe something to do with the shower valves ?
Ariston have advised to check the water volume passing through but dont know how to do that.
thanks

I live in SE London area.
The hot water to taps is always better. Maybe something to do with the shower valves ?
Ariston have advised to check the water volume passing through but dont know how to do that.
thanks
its going to be sludge in the dv causing your issue did your plumber remove this and clean it?

Paul, I'm trying to reply to your latest message but your inbox is full. Please call or text me, or send me a PM when you've deleted some messages, so I can reply! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £700 for repairs to Ariston mincrogenus boiler and still not fixed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock