Search the forum,

Discuss 40mm pushfit to solvent weld? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a 40mm pushfit branch / boss that I want to convert to solvent weld.

I want to get rid of the pushfit aspect altogether, is this possible?

If so, how?

Nope sorry two different sizes is the boss 63mm ?

You want a compression to solvent weld adaptor to use different pipes but that wont help at the boss end.

You want a compression to solvent weld adaptor to use different pipes but that wont help at the boss end.
So bit of 40mm push fit pipe into boss, then compression onto it and then continue in solvent weld?

Would this be OK for a macerator discharge? I've read that pushfit wastes aren't suitable?

So bit of 40mm push fit pipe into boss, then compression onto it and then continue in solvent weld?

Would this be OK for a macerator discharge? I've read that pushfit wastes aren't suitable?
Yes.

It isnt really if it is used close to the pump discharge but after say 10 -12ft the pressure really drops off. Use pipe clamps/ clips to hold the pipe well.

Yes.

It isnt really if it is used close to the pump discharge but after say 10 -12ft the pressure really drops off. Use pipe clamps/ clips to hold the pipe well.
so aslong as I clip the pipework well, run it in solvent weld for the majority... the pushfit that goes into the boss on the soil stack won't fail / blow off?

so aslong as I clip the pipework well, run it in solvent weld for the majority... the pushfit that goes into the boss on the soil stack won't fail / blow off?
Not being there the best I can say is shouldnt. Clip the pipe well and solid near the boss to stop any movement and all should be good.

OK, I'll see what I can do.

Would you recommend continuing in 40mm back to macerator, or reducing down to 32mm or overflow size?
Always follow the manufactures instructions on pipe sizes.
What make and model is the muncher.
How long is the pipe run.

Always follow the manufactures instructions on pipe sizes.
What make and model is the muncher.
How long is the pipe run.
Yes, I totally agree to that.

I haven't got the macerator at the moment, but I have used Saniflo in the past, although I've heard grundfos are the best?

It's around 8 / 9 feet, all horizontal.

I wouldn't of gone down the macerator route, but it's a garage conversion and it's the only way to access the stack without digging up all the back garden.

Being Saniflo trained I am bias so best I dont comment.
Most say 22 or 32mm pipe but check that. Are you doing away with the basin.

Being Saniflo trained I am bias so best I dont comment.
Most say 22 or 32mm pipe but check that. Are you doing away with the basin.
I'm open to any suggestions on brand :)

Well I'm going to be getting a macerator with 3 / 4 inlets as it needs to take toilet, basin, kitchen sink / washing machine from the adjoining utility room.

I'm open to any suggestions on brand :)

Well I'm going to be getting a macerator with 3 / 4 inlets as it needs to take toilet, basin, kitchen sink / washing machine from the adjoining utility room.
Not aware of one that can do all those so dont expect a warranty.

Sounds to me like your gonna cause yourself a whole lot of pain further down the road human waste , kitchen waste. Washing machine discharge waste all into one unit ? it won't be long before you block up and that pump fails and it's not gonna be pretty šŸ«£.
Don't cut corners you will regret it down the line my advise dig the garden up have a proper drain run laid . Kop

Sounds to me like your gonna cause yourself a whole lot of pain further down the road human waste , kitchen waste. Washing machine discharge waste all into one unit ? it won't be long before you block up and that pump fails and it's not gonna be pretty šŸ«£.
Don't cut corners you will regret it down the line my advise dig the garden up have a proper drain run laid . Kop
I can understand your concern, but the toilet waste will be strictly for number 1s only šŸ˜‚ and the kitchen sink won't be used for swilling crockery etc as that is in the main kitchen. So in theory should only be dirty water going through the macerator.

Opinions?

Really? I've saw various ones that take 4 inlets. Saniflo do a few models that you can either use all 4 inlets simultaneously or they provide blanking plugs if not all required.
Yes really, check the spec sheets for what can be connected. These pumps can serve a purpose however not in your case unless you go for a cubic but like above I suggest digging and laying mains pipe. If you dont believe me then ring and speak to Sanilo technical help

Yes really, check the spec sheets for what can be connected. These pumps can serve a purpose however not in your case unless you go for a cubic but like above I suggest digging and laying mains pipe. If you dont believe me then ring and speak to Sanilo technical help
What do you mean by 'cubic'? I would of gone down the digging up the garden route, but that's just the tip of the ice berg.

The stack is buried behind brick / block, with only access at the very bottom in the garage, or in the bathroom upstairs.

Reply to 40mm pushfit to solvent weld? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock