Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 3 Plumbing Tricks You Should Know? - These tips any good lads? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
[GALLERY=media, 25862][/GALLERY]

TBH, I don't think these are to be recommended. In my opinion:

Nailed cable clips aren't good for water pipes, which are subject to expansion/contraction, condensation and vibration, etc. I want clips to be secured with a screw and stand-off the pipe from the surface.

Although it may work in some circumstances and for short times, I don't trust aluminium foil to protect timber from hot-work. A good-quality plumber's 'mat' in good condition for temporary insulation. There are several alternatives approaches (press-fit, Tectite, compression joints, pre-assembly) that I prefer to risking a fire!

I don't mark valves by writing or putting sticky labels on their operating handles because the writing comes off with use. Purpose-made valve tags are best. (TBH, in a domestic system If dryness is assured then a luggage label marked with black biro will last decades.)

Reply to 3 Plumbing Tricks You Should Know? - These tips any good lads? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for installing a butterfly valve in a plumbing system? And are there any common mistakes that...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
N
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain installation and wanted to share some quick tips for a smooth project: 1. Plan Smart: Think about...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock