• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss 3/4 shower mixer to 22mm tap conn problems in the Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

AdTee

Reaction score
An old thermostatic mixer I want to reuse has 3/4 bsp inlets, with inserted non return valves. All the 3/4 to 22mm tap connectors I look at seem to have a protruding section to fit inside the 3/4, but the nrv which is of equal diameter to the protruding section, means they just sit against each other. Originally the mixer had 15mm reducing elbows on the inlets, and the 3/4 part of the elbow sat flush to the diameter of the mixer thread (albeit with a fibre washer sandwiched inbetween).

Will the tap connectors I have mentioned create a watertight seal, or is there a 3/4 to 22mm tap connector available (elbow if poss) thst would sit flush?

Many thanks

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Cut the upstand off

OP
A

AdTee

Reaction score
Thanks Shaun. I'll use the Speedfit connectors then, as much easier to cut the plastic than brass.

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Show us pics of what you intend to use as I think what your proposing is not right

OP
A

AdTee

Reaction score
Pics attached of mixer, original elbow, and tap connector.

Thanks.

15498105182197321313157287135103.jpg

15498105695338405973207899231247.jpg

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Is that not a 3/4” connector I see in the pic? Could you not just get some new washers for it?

OP
A

AdTee

Reaction score
Yes it is 3/4 but to 15mm and as I'm refitting it, I thought it best to carry a 22m feed rather than reducing down. Have I got that right? Thanks.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Yes it is 3/4 but to 15mm and as I'm refitting it, I thought it best to carry a 22m feed rather than reducing down. Have I got that right? Thanks.
It all depends on your feeds. If your using mains then 15mm is fine, but if using gravity then yes 22mm.

OP
A

AdTee

Reaction score
Thanks, it's mains. Maybe I'll just stick with the existing elbows then. The outlet and overhead arm & rose are 3/4 - would the 15mm feed be enough for that?

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom