Search the forum,

Discuss 3/4 shower mixer to 22mm tap conn problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

An old thermostatic mixer I want to reuse has 3/4 bsp inlets, with inserted non return valves. All the 3/4 to 22mm tap connectors I look at seem to have a protruding section to fit inside the 3/4, but the nrv which is of equal diameter to the protruding section, means they just sit against each other. Originally the mixer had 15mm reducing elbows on the inlets, and the 3/4 part of the elbow sat flush to the diameter of the mixer thread (albeit with a fibre washer sandwiched inbetween).

Will the tap connectors I have mentioned create a watertight seal, or is there a 3/4 to 22mm tap connector available (elbow if poss) thst would sit flush?

Many thanks

Cut the upstand off

Show us pics of what you intend to use as I think what your proposing is not right

Pics attached of mixer, original elbow, and tap connector.

Thanks.

15498105182197321313157287135103.jpg

15498105695338405973207899231247.jpg

Is that not a 3/4” connector I see in the pic? Could you not just get some new washers for it?

Yes it is 3/4 but to 15mm and as I'm refitting it, I thought it best to carry a 22m feed rather than reducing down. Have I got that right? Thanks.

Yes it is 3/4 but to 15mm and as I'm refitting it, I thought it best to carry a 22m feed rather than reducing down. Have I got that right? Thanks.

It all depends on your feeds. If your using mains then 15mm is fine, but if using gravity then yes 22mm.

Thanks, it's mains. Maybe I'll just stick with the existing elbows then. The outlet and overhead arm & rose are 3/4 - would the 15mm feed be enough for that?

Reply to 3/4 shower mixer to 22mm tap conn problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock