Discuss 26 year old plumbing student from Leeds looking for experience on site for full NVQ 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marklar

Hi all my name is Mark and I’m currently studying a level 2 course in plumbing at Leeds College of Building.

This is my second year at college as i have already passed a services engineering course in my first year. It was quite an easy course for me which covered mostly plumbing, but also went into working with iron, electrics etc. The main thing that the course did for me was make up my mind 100% that i want to pursue a trade in plumbing and heating.

The course I am doing this year is the level 2 Diploma in plumbing, but after the course I’m hoping to move onto the level 3 in gas/heating. To do this the Diploma is not enough and I would need to get the full NVQ. To get this I need to have 4 pieces of work (2 central heating and 2 bathrooms) signed off by an assessor on site. The only way I’m going to be able to do this is by working with somebody on site where I can further my experience, knowledge and confidence.

As previously stated I live in Leeds, but hold a full clean driving license so I can travel. I also work 3 days a week at the minute as well as attending college, but i am hoping that if I do find a placement I can quit my current job and do what I enjoy and get out there into the big scary plumbing world lol.

I would quite happily work for someone for free as a trial run, as this will give the person employing me an idea if they think I have potential and that i am actually useful!

This is so important to me to try and get to where i want to be with my future and to make something of myself as I have just been stuck in my current job for 8 years and it's going to get me nowhere.

If anyone reading this can't physically help me get into work, but may know some one who can then please leave some details or PM me.

Thanks, Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 26 year old plumbing student from Leeds looking for experience on site for full NVQ 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a...
Replies
Views
Back