Search the forum,

Discuss 20mm sink waste outlet conversion and either 1" or 20mm chrome cap nut supplier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigskelly

I have a couple of issues that I would like some help with please.
The first one is with converting a chrome 20mm (may possibly be 21mm) sink waste outlet pipe to either 32mm or 40mm for connection into a 110mm soil stack. Can someone please point me in the right direction of a supplier who is able to provide a suitable adapter (black).
The other is with sourcing either a 1" (preferred) or 20mm chrome cap nut for a bath/shower tap. I have removed the shower attachment and could only quickly obtain a 20mm brass cap nut which I would like to replace with a chrome unit but ideally I would like to remove the shower cradle (which feeds the shower outlet) and to do this I would need a 1" chrome cap nut - again, is anyone able to point me in the direction of a supplier for this?

mcalpine-reducers-p2571-4450_medium.jpgLike this...

Last edited:
Apologies for posting again but I didn't get any replies last week! My local plumbers recommended McAlpine but when I contacted them they said they couldn't help. I understood from the plumbers that this is a common issue (European size he told me) so I assumed that there must presumably be adapters out there somewhere. I didn't get anywhere with a regular internet search

Thanks Pub Member - will do this next time. I have been looking again on the net and am drawing a blank. Not looking good so I think I may need to replace the trap with a conventionally sized pipe outlet which is a real pain - unless that is someone comes up with supplier!

Guessing you mean me, rpm not Pub Member (But never mind that).

Will it be on show or behind closed doors, have an idea but it wont look pretty but could buy you time.

Thanks Pub Member - will do this next time. I have been looking again on the net and am drawing a blank. Not looking good so I think I may need to replace the trap with a conventionally sized pipe outlet which is a real pain - unless that is someone comes up with supplier!

So, I have a chrome trap with 20mm pipe feeding out through the wall so these would be on show. I was hoping to convert externally i.e. get a push fit to allow me to then connect into the stack.

OK. In that case my idea would look horrible if it`s on show.

Have you considered how slowly the sink will drain through your 20mm pipe even if you do step up to 32 / 40mm?

Last edited:
Yes I had thought about that but assumed (perhaps wrongly) that as it was manufactured in that size it should be ok - not looking good is it! I am away at the moment but will take another look when I return home to see if there is anything I can do with the trap but suspect i will need to change it. Can I ask what your idea was please?
Thanks for your help/interest.

Remembering that it was a temporary thing ......

Short length of White Saniflo discharge silicone hose clipped onto your 20mm pipe with a short length of 21.5mm solvent weld pipe the other end, then a step up adaptor(s) to take the 21.5mm to your choice of 32 or 40mm pipe.

Not really the sort of thing to have on show though.

Interesting concept - thanks for that - I will give it some thought though as you say, it may not look so good. As I said, I am away at the moment for a couple of weeks and will take a look when I get home - I will post an update here to let you know how I get on - thanks again.

Interesting concept - thanks for that - I will give it some thought though as you say, it may not look so good. As I said, I am away at the moment for a couple of weeks and will take a look when I get home - I will post an update here to let you know how I get on - thanks again.

Your welcome.
Don`t buy the hose, contact me first.

RPM, taking on board your suggestion, I did a little more research and think I may have found a reducer that would work - may need a little modification with a jubilee clip on the 20mm end but worth a try.
View attachment 23483web.jpg

In the hope that it may help someone else, I thought I should provide an update to the problem I had with what I thought originally was a 20mm waste outlet pipe. When I measured again, I realised that the pipe wasn't 20mm as I first thought (must have been tired when I first measured) but was around 30mm meaning I still had the same problem in that it was too small for a normal 32mm or 40mm fitting. However, I found the 22mm to 40mm reducing connector pictured below from Wickes and with a little cutting away of surplus material inside, I managed to force my chrome pipe into it and then got a perfect fit into a 40mm solvent weld bend - problem solved!
Doc1.pdf_page_1.jpg

20mm to 30mm is a big difference, just how tired were you? lol
Glad you found a way though and thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 20mm sink waste outlet conversion and either 1" or 20mm chrome cap nut supplier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock