Discuss 110v hand held pipe threader recomentions pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dano78

Hi there I am looking into buying a pipe threader and would appreciate any advice thanks dan

I can't stand electric hand threaders, I find them rather dangerous and very limited as compared with a proper threading machines like a Ridgid 300 or a Ridgid 1233, the only time I would use one is for cutting pipe imposition and then I think I would use my ratchet dies. If you have lots to do a threading machine is the best way forward as it cuts the pipe, rems it etc. You can wind fittings up on pipe as well. You can hire a 1233 these days for week for between ÂŁ55-ÂŁ120.

Save your money and price the hire of a machine into the job :D

Have the same rigid handheld machine about 12 years. It's a good piece of kit but have to say it's not completely comfortable doing 2". It does it ok but strains slightly. I would agree that they can be a lethal piece of kit if not used correctly. Brake not properly fitted for example. Have seen people turn portable benches over using them. Proper electric threaded much better but much dearer.
They have their uses and worth investing in.
if I'm going to be doing a lot of threading, I'll hire a large machine, you can hire 1 in Ireland for about €100 a week. Maintenance is someone else's problem then

Thanks guys I am only looking at a hand held threader to keep in the van as I am doing a lot of school work and have about 10 sites going so I need to pack up and off to the next one I will have a look at the rems :)

got rems amigo that is handy for smaller jobs

the bigger stuff when i was doing alot of screwed then hire one in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 110v hand held pipe threader recomentions pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock