Discuss WTF how would you deal with this?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Made the mistake of working for a complete bellend and agreeing to first fix a house for him. He is a groundworker who has never built a house before..

So on the first fix, he'd bought the soil pipe for the bathroom up inside the bathroom instead of outside for the toilet to run directly into. No big issue you might think eh? Well this bellend has brought it up from the concrete screed not in the corner but in the middle of the bloody wall..

I explained his options were to dig up the screed and remove it or box the whole bloody wall in to get a toilet and cistern to sit back against it. The waste pipe for the basin on the wall next to it has to go in above the WC branch as there is no room to bring it in below...

No drains outside of course, not even for the condensate pipe for the external oil boiler..

Now today, a phone call. Not one actually, but 3 in the middle of a quote appointment. Finally apologise and get the phone out, expecting it to be a really important call from one of my staff. Most people get the hint after 2 times and leave a message. Not him.

Him - 'Keiran, you've forgotten to run pipes in the kitchen..'
Me - 'Oh really? What pipes are they then?'
Him - 'Radiator pipes'
Me - 'Well when we left they were there. Steve and I ran them both ourselves.'

I go off to double check with Steve and sure enough he also remembers clipping them to the wall platem running them down the breeze block wall in 10mm plastic microbore and hammering in the nail clips.

Me - 'I suspect one of your workers has unclipped them and tucked them back up in the loft for some reason.'

This idiot wants to supply his own boiler for the second fix (he is a groundworker remember not a plumber). I've tried to explain if he wants me to second fix I supply the boiler or he gets another plumber in.

How do I politely tell him to f*** off please? The guy is an effing bellend.

Last edited:
I think with someone like this it's gonna be like water off a ducks back if you're polite. Think you'll have to say it like it is

All paid up matey. We've done all the first fix work and he's paid us for all of it. I just want to drop him as professionally as possible.

Just tell him it's not working mate I've had to do it a couple of times where they keep doing things wrong which have serious affect on the work I'm trying to do.

All paid up matey. We've done all the first fix work and he's paid us for all of it. I just want to drop him as professionally as possible.

Put his number on divert to the local Chinese takeaway.

Tell him it's not working for you, it's not him it's you. And that you can still be friends. Or just tell him you can't work like this, goodbye.

Most groundworkers are big mother ****ers is this the problem in telling him to go forth and multiply ??..brum ha ha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WTF how would you deal with this?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock