Discuss Work situation throughout uk! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

so-solar

A quick post to see what the work situation is like throughout the uk!

It seems to pick up then all of sudden it drops off, I turn the radio on to hear we are still deep in recession!

Let me know how work is looking please

Not good London and West-wise. Folk are scared to spend (those who have money-and there is some money out there). Every time a negative or bad statistic is rolled out by the media or our utterly impotent government, everyone runs for cover. Repair work is put off, and the public now expect something for nothing, not helped at all by the 'pay for a referral' websites, the worst of which is an open auction (for all trades). Having said that, come next year, I think things will begin to move-slowly. The final nail in the coffin, is that potential customers who may be prepared to have more major work done, are being stuffed by a lack of credit. Most of this countries 'middle' wealth has been achieved by a lot of people ducking and diving and generally coming good over time. If the proposed knee-jerk clampdowns on finance, credit and mortgages comes in, I reckon we will turn the clock back 30 years, with only the gold plated, able to get funding for anything, the rest of the population being left to slide back down into a day by pay check existence. I think in all sectors many business and companies will not recover...but on the other hand, others will. Your U.S.P. will become ever more important (see another of my posts). We are still hanging on in albeit leaner and quieter.

N.Ireland is very slow too, some weeks your quiet and other weeks are your flat out, **** times at the moment for us all how can we all boost are sales?

im up near manchester, i was really busy, been working 6 and 7 days a week non stop for the last 12 weeks, then all of a sudden it went totally dead, got nothing on this week at all. got to figure out what to do with all this unwanted time off now,

What do you guys do on your unwanted days off???

im more busy than i have ever been. Lots of bigger companys arnt getting the work now, because people simply dont have the spare cash for their hurrendous prices. Thats what i think anyway

im up near manchester, i was really busy, been working 6 and 7 days a week non stop for the last 12 weeks, then all of a sudden it went totally dead, got nothing on this week at all. got to figure out what to do with all this unwanted time off now,

What do you guys do on your unwanted days off???

go to college part time, and really enjoy it being back to school aint that bad, you should have a look at your local college see whats courses are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work situation throughout uk! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock