Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What do you lot make of this boiler ?
Fitted first one today not sure if the service panel was just flimsy pap or it was me not being use to it .The flue turret connections were very flimsy as well screwing the turret down sheared off the connection underneath very easy .

They normally like this??

Very good and normally they will only pop off if turned / miss aligned and I think very good boilers but that's me

The front flap is flimsy tat. The 30,000 screws that you need to remove and put back are a pain in the bum. And never liked the flue set up.
I also find you need to have the fingers of a 5 year old to get to the prv and don't get me started on the condense conection!

The front flap is flimsy tat. The 30,000 screws that you need to remove and put back are a pain in the bum. And never liked the flue set up.
I also find you need to have the fingers of a 5 year old to get to the prv and don't get me started on the condense conection!

Must say at one point it felt like i was taking the boiler apart rather than installing it.

You fit a lot on contract?

I have only fitted one, got to service it next wee and I'm not looking forward to it

went to worcester boiler course and factory trip.....they showed us how easy it was ...if you know how . Is easier if you follow there steps.

went to worcester boiler course and factory trip.....they showed us how easy it was ...if you know how . Is easier if you follow there steps.

Doesn't that defeat the idea tho having to do a course to be shown how to fit one ?

Most other manufacturers you just throw boiler at wall and plumb

The blow off is easy cable tie the brass nut so you have somthing to grab and just pull the cable tie round , doesn't need to be more than hand tight

Regarding the screws you don't need to take / put in more than 10

The blow off is easy cable tie the brass nut so you have somthing to grab and just pull the cable tie round , doesn't need to be more than hand tight

Regarding the screws you don't need to take / put in more than 10

To have to put a cable tie on a nut of a top end boiler is a pretty poor show in my opinion.

To have to put a cable tie on a nut of a top end boiler is a pretty poor show in my opinion.

Well if you have long fingers your fine or use a set of pointy pliers

Or buy a baxi... :smilewinkgrin:

Well they have there faults also doesn't help when stupid installers / kitchen fitters putting things tight to them

Only problem I have had on the few I have fitted is the poxy clip that goes into expansion vessel, must be doing it wrong, Cant seem to get the bung out without taking clip out fully, and then trying to get back in once on the wall with long nose pliers.

Only problem I have had on the few I have fitted is the poxy clip that goes into expansion vessel, must be doing it wrong, Cant seem to get the bung out without taking clip out fully, and then trying to get back in once on the wall with long nose pliers.

pull clip out until it stops and lift the bung out, may need a wiggle but should come out with clip in

Do it on the ground before lifting the boiler, the c clip holds in place, should never pull out fully

Do it on the ground before lifting the boiler, the c clip holds in place, should never pull out fully

Like this, I always do it before the boiler goes on the wall. Then its just a case of releasing the screw and vessel should drop into place then push the clip back in.

Thanks guys |I also do it on ground before it goes on the wall, last one the clip got wedged in between the pump and the plate, took me longer to fish that out than to hang boiler and put flue and condense in, trouble with have fingers like sausages I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising...
Replies
Views
T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock